OLD FRIEND TURNED FOE - 2

Start from the beginning

I arrived at Old City Market, where his office was situated. As I reached near, I saw Vijay with his clique were coming out from main gate.
“Vijay!” I shouted. But he was surrounded with shindig. I came closer to them, but one of a member of his cadre stopped me.
“Chief’s meeting time is over! Come tomorrow.” He said in stern voice.
“I do not come to meet your chief; I’m here to meet Vijay!” I said vehemently.
“Who is this?” Vijay asked as he came forward with his college friends.
“Didn’t you hear my friend, this meeting is over. Come next week1” Vijay said hypocritical politician language.
“I’m not here to attend your meeting. My problem is with you not with president of youth wing.” I stated.
“Its personal gentlemen, you can leave. I will meet you later.” Vijay said to his cadre. They left the place in their conveyance.
“Now tell! What’s your problem?” He said.
“Look Vijay! Your grudge is with me, I’m here to request to do not bring her into this.” I appealed.
“She is between our disputes, unfortunately. And you’re responsible for this.” Vijay said dramatically.
“Don’t you! See I’m here front of you, alone! If you want to take revenge then take it.” I said as I controlled my temper. After listening to me, his flatterers came forward in rage.
“Stop!” Vijay shouted. They stepped aside.
“You see! I’m taking my revenge Sameer. I’m tired of beating you. I can break you physically, but you will get recover after some time and things will be the same.” Vijay said.
“I want to break you from you from the inside, it will hurt you real. Now you will feel the real pain, which I’m still bearing because of you.” He added in frayed voice.
“Look! There is nothing between me and Purvi, so please stop bulling her.” I pleaded. I saw a metal rod in a boot which was open.
“If you want to take revenge then I’m here, take a rod and break my leg instead of harassing her. You know that football is my life, so break my both legs and put a full stop on my life. I’m sure it will fulfil your wish.” I said.
“Let me do it for you!” One of them said and took a rod into his hand.
“It’s your revenge so only you will do it. Tell your flatterer to back off.” I said serious tone.
“Oh! Are you afraid of me?” He agitated.
“Take another step and I will show you, how fragile you are!” I admonished him.
“Stop both of you!” Vijay shouted.
“You’re laying Sameer! I saw you with her that night at Grand Hotel, with your friends.” Vijay told.
“And if you’re not in a relationship with her, then why are you so anxious, just chill!” He said.
“Yeah! You take a chill; we will take care of that bi……!”
As I heard that, my body got thrilled in anger. I was burning. Everything got blanked and stop for a moment. As that flatterer was about to say a word against Purvi which was unacceptable for me at any cost.
I lost my temper, and before he could complete his sentence, I smashed real hard on his face, and floored him. He started bleeding from his mouth with his teeth’s strewn on the road.
After that they all attacked on me. I was trying to defend myself, then suddenly one of them pushed me, I lost my balance, as I struggled to get my balance back I reached in the middle of a road.
As I move forward to confront them, I got hit by some vehicle. The vehicle was in quite speed, it bounced me almost 10-15 yards away.
My head was migrating so fiercely, there was just blood everywhere on my body, even my eyes got reddened by the blood which was spilling from my head. I was struggling to see clearly.
Things were looking distorted and so did the voice of the crowd, which gathered around me. And suddenly I went unconscious.

[…INDISTINCT CHATTER…]

As I came back to sense, numerous voices were mumbling, the strong and stinky smell of medicines intruded my kip.
My head was migrating heavily. I opened my eyes, my right hand and my both legs were covered with bandages; and my forehead as well. As I struggled to sit up, my dad and mom helped me.
“Nurse! Call the doc immediately! My son has woken up!” My dad shouted.
“How are you feeling son?” My mom fretted.
“Good! There is a little migraine, but I’m fine.” I replied dizzy.
“So how are you feeling now? Doctor asked as he came.
“Fine sir! It’s just a little pain in my head.” I answered.
“It’s OK! You’re one lucky lad, there is no fractured bones in your body as we examined, just bruises and flash wounds. But don’t worry they’re not severe, and should be healed in a week. Then you can continue your college.” Doctor explained.
“Thanks doctor!” I said.
“Say thanks to those people whom reacted immediately and took you to the hospital, or else your situation would be critical, due to blood loss.” Doctor told.
“I will doctor!” I said and smiled. Then he went off to see other patients.
“What were you doing at Old Market? How did this happen?” As doctor went, my parents impatiently started firing questions on me.
I could understand their concern, but my mind was not in the condition to defy any quiz contest.
“Mom, Dad! Can I answer this some other day, please! My head is hammering, I need some rest.” I pleaded.
“Hey Sameer!”  Suddenly they shouted as they came in. I turned my head to see, it was my friends who came to visit.
“Namaste (Hello) uncle, aunty!” They said unison as they reached to my bed.
“OK children you take care of him, I have to get back home to prepare meal for him.” My mom said.
“No problem aunty!” They replied.
“I will come back with lunch box, son!” My mom said as she went off with my father.
“So! What’s up?” I asked to them.
“Are you serious?” They yelled at me.
“You went to enter hyena’s precinct and came back in pieces! And you are asking us, what’s up?” Pragati rebuked me.
“This Time Vijay has crossed all the lines! He must pay for his deeds! I will crunch him in pieces!” DK fumed on the floor.
“Stop! You won’t do anything stupid.” I said to DK and grunt due to the pain in my ribs.
“No! This time DK is right!” Sneha said.
“Yeah! This time Vijay and his friends have done something unforgivable.” Rishi agitated.
“We must report to the police. This time Vijay can’t elude. I’m sure that the people who were present in that time must have seen the incident, they will definitely give their statement.” Vicky said.
“Yeah! Let’s go!” They said unanimously.
“Guys, guys, please stop!” I insisted.
“No Sameer! This time you can’t change our mind!” DK said and started moving forward.
“Police will convict me, instead of Vijay, if you go to the police.” I shouted.
“What?” They jolted and came back in same ease.
“I agree that they attacked on me, and between the altercations I got hit by a minivan. But it was just an accident.” I explained.
“It was me who started fight!” I stated.
“What?” They shouted unison in surprise.
“I didn’t mean to, it wasn’t deliberate. I just went to sort the disputes in a peaceful way. But some flatterer of Vijay; said something unacceptable about Purvi, which I couldn’t endure, so I beat him.” I explained. They were looking at me perplexedly.
“So you’re saying that you beat one of them despite knowing that there is no chance for you to survive against them! Are you nut?” Rishi asked and I nodded to confirm his doubt.
“It doesn’t matter who started fight. We can still charge them on mob activity and attempt of murder.” DK interrupted.
“No DK! See I am the one who started the fight, so it doesn’t suits me. My integrity does not give permission for it.” I said.
“But Sameer!” DK agitated.
“Please DK!” I begged.
“Alright! If you say so!” DK sulked.
“Hey Pragati! Purvi should not know about my accident. You won’t tell her anything what happened! Promise me!” I said to Pragati. She didn’t say a word, just nodded.

@@@

(Please don't forget to comment and vote if you liked and want more of it. I hope you enjoyed...)

...Thanks for the appreciation...