Prologue

"I'm going to kill you, do you hear me!" He could still hear the phrase echoing through his mind, it was the only thing he could hear, as he gripped the handles of his bike, revving the engine to make it go faster. The shooting pain through his body alerted him to the fact that he didn't get out of the fight without any injuries. He removed his hand from the handle, trying to keep the bike in a straight line holding his hand to his ribs, he winched when he applied pressure. There was definitely a cracked rib or two.

He kept glancing into the rear-view mirrors, sighing when he realised there wasn't anyone following him. He kept driving, trying to keep his mind clear, the edges of his vision starting to blur. He shook his head, as he tried to find somewhere where he could clean himself up, check what damage was done.

As he looked around in the dark of the night, he realised he went farther out of town than he had planned on, and there was nothing in sight. He slowed the bike, trying to make out if there was a shelter, checking the fuel gauge he decided to keep going. He could worry about petrol later.

The drive was long, and he was uncomfortable, feeling the blood cake around his face, his limbs starting to get stiff from the lack of movement, his vision was growing darker and he had to concentrate hard on keeping the bike upright underneath him.

Finally he spotted a building, it looked abandoned as there were no lights on anywhere. He pulled into the yard, cutting the engine to try and make less noise. Getting off the bike he stumbled towards the building, barely making it through the door when he collapsed.