Chapter 58

She was still so beautiful. Her eyes were red and puffy, she rubbed her eyes like a Five year old child. Her hair was a little tangled as she showed up in sweats and flip flops.
In her hand she held a single rose and she stared at it blankly. As she looked up her eyes filled with hope and I immediately felt bad, she looked like a mess, but a beautiful mess.

She held the Rose out and I took it from her grasp as  I opened the door wider for her to come in. She entered slowly, taking her time to stare at the environment I was currently holding up in.

"It's uh nice" she spoke but was obviously lying.

I laid the single rose on the bench before flopping over onto the unmade double bed with a mattress of stone, she made herself a little comfortable next to me.

"I'm so sorry" she spoke and silence filled the air before she broke it again.

"But I swear to God, I didn't cheat on you and I would never" her voice was cracking as her tears threatened to spill and my heart was breaking at the sight, but I still stayed quite, wanting to hear what else she had to say.

""Lucky is only a friend, and I got paid to do the photo shoot" this time I had to object.

"Did you know he was going to be there?" I asked, my tone a little stern as she jumped slightly at my voice.

"No, I had no idea" she  started to make herself comfortable now as she laid down on the hard mattress and I could feel her cringe. her eyes closed and then reopened as I thought of something to say.

""I believe you" I Spoke, I was way too hard on her. I felt her give a sigh of relief before shifting a little closer, but I made the next move as I pulled her into my arms, kissing the top of her forehead before she rested her head on my chest. And with the old styled 80's music from next door playing in the background, we drifted off into a deep sleep.

-------

@JamesJohnson posted a photo: I love you