Graduation

(Reader's pov)

      It has been two years since Eren and his friends have started training, and within that time many things have changed between myself and the small group.

      Mikasa and I have been getting closer lately, but due to her lack of communication skills leaves our friendship at a minimum.

      Armin is a different story. He reads me fantastic stories from a book, witch tells about life outside the walls. It is amazing how many things can be out there and I desperately want to see them.

      You could probably predict how Eren and I are. We don't have a lot of privacy, but we make the most of it. He has become more possessive then what I thought, but I'm not really complaining.

      Right now is possibly the most exciting day for the three cadets, today is the day that they will be graded on their skills that they have learned over the past two years. Today is Graduation Day. All of the cadets will be racing through the forest cutting through fake Titans to test their strength, stamina, speed, and bravery.

      The cadets that are going through graduation are Eren Jaegar, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, Reiner Braun, Bertolt Hoover, Annie Leonhart, Jean Kirstein, Marco Bott, Connie Springer, Shasha Blouse, Krista Lenz, and Ymir. After graduating the top ten cadets will be able to choose to join The Military Police, The Scout Regiment, or The Garrison Regiment.

      At the moment, I am sitting in a tree waiting for my signal to pull up a fake Titan. About two minutes later I see my signal and I move the Titan into position. Just then I see every cadet fly by. First Annie, then Reiner, Bertolt, Connie, Sasha, Mikasa, with Eren and Armin not too far behind, Jean, Marco, Ymir, and finally Krista. All of the cadets had done pretty well on this Titan, Annie and Mikasa's being the deepest cuts.

      It took ten minutes for the cadets to make it through the entire test course. Keith of course put together the top ten listings and had me hang them up on a board in the main hall.

      As I was walking down a hallway, I decided to read the paper to see who made it through. The paper read:

1. Mikasa Ackerman

2. Reiner Braun

3. Bertolt Hoover

4. Annie Leonhart

5. Eren Jaeger

6. Jean Kirstein

7. Marco Bott

8.Connie Springer

9. Sasha Blouse

10. Krista Lenz

      As I read the paper I pondered which of the ten was going to join Scouts with me and who was going to join The Military Police. "I already know that Annie is going to Military Police, but where is everyone else going?" I thought as I hung the paper on the board with a pin.

      Almost as soon as I hung up the paper people crowded around. I had a bit of a hard time getting out, but eventually I escaped the small crowd.

     I stopped and caught my breath, after fighting through the small crowd. I looked around and saw many people and some looking disappointed, but what caught my attention was Eren celebrating with Mikasa and Armin.

      I looked around some more and saw Jean moping because he ranked under Eren. "Oh my gosh," I thought. "Did they have another  competition?" I started walking outside to get some fresh air. Fighting through the crowd definitely wore me out a bit.

      I sat down in the warm dirt in the sun. It wasn't too hot because of the breeze and wasn't too cold either, it was perfect. I closed my eyes to soak in all the  nice warmth.

      "Hey there Sleeping Beauty," a familiar voice called.

      "Of course you would think of me as 'beauty', Eren," I remarked keeping my eyes closed.

      "Always," he spoke and I could hear him lying down next to me.

      "I hope so," I teased him, rolling on my side facing him, and opening my eyes.

      He huffed a laugh, leaned in towards my face, and gave me a small kiss on my forehead. In return I smiled, kissed him back on the cheek, and hopped back up on my feet.

       "Awe, come on," Eren whined. "Can't we lay here a bit longer?"

       "Come on, Lazy," I spoke and tugged on his hand. After a bit of coaxing him to get up, Eren finally listened and we walked to the cabins.

       We walked down to the cabins, joking all the way. By the time we made it there it was already dusk, and you could just see the top part of the sun before it disappears under the horizon.

      "See ya tomorrow," I spoke and started heading into the girls cabin for one final night.

      I was stopped abruptly by a force holding my wrist. "Didn't think I'd let you go that quickly did ja?" Eren teased and pulled me back over to him.

     "Never crossed my mind," I spoke.

      "Good," he spoke, leaned in and we shared a tender kiss.

THE END