Chapter 10 | You're beautiful, it's true

Jasmine's POV

The rays of sunlight from the window lifted my eyelids.  I squinted, adjusting to the light.  I finally came to my senses and noticed the unfamiliar environment.  Where was I?

Then it hit me; last night we were watching a horror movie.  I must've fallen asleep!  I looked to my left and noticed a cute gorgeous boy sleeping peacefully.  I felt heat rise to my cheeks slightly, realising who it was.  Newton's mouth was a little opened, letting out quiet snores.  His arm was still draped around me, and his other arm rested on the side of the couch.  Seeing this sight made me never want to let go.  How did I, the unpopular nerd of the school get to fall asleep next to the most attractive jock of the school?

My thoughts were interrupted as Newton stretched his arms out and let out a yawn.  He slowly opened his eyes, which landed on me.

He smiled, "Good morning princess."  I smiled back.

"Morning, sleepyhead."  He laughed at the little nickname I gave him.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Good," I replied.

I was so glad it was Saturday.  Time for a Netflix marathon or a shopping spree.  I got up and got ready in Newton's bathroom.

"Shit, I don't have clothes to change into," I said.

"That's okay, I'll lend you some of mine," he replied.  He went to his wardrobe and picked out a black tee and a pair of black leggings then handed them to me.  "Here you go."

"Nice leggings!" I joked.

"Shut up, they're my sister's.  Now go get changed."

Newton's POV

I smiled, thinking about last night as I sat down and waited for Jasmine.  I was so lucky to have this second chance to be with her.  Thank you Lord.

I have a surprise for her.  I am going to take her out for lunch.  I remembered a lot about her, such as her favourite food is sushi.  I am gonna make every moment with her count.  And she is not gonna regret being best friends with me again.

After a minute, she came out of the bathroom dressed in my black tee, which was a little too big for her.  God, she looked adorable.  I didn't realise I was staring at her until she waved her hand at my face.

"Hello? Banana boy?" she joked.  I looked at her.

"Banana boy?"

"Yeah, remember that one time you were so drunk, you tripped over a banana peel and said that it loves you?"

"Oh my God, hahaha yeah!"

"Anyways, why were you staring at me?  Do I have something on my face?" She tried to wipe stuff off her nose.  No, you're just so beautiful... Then I realised I started to stare again.

When I was back in reality again, she was blushing.  Oh God, I said that out loud, did I?

"Um," she said, looking down at the floor.

"It's true though.  You just never see it yourself," I smiled softly.

We were silent for a few minutes.  Then I remembered that I needed to take her out for lunch.

"Hey Jasmine, I've got a surprise for you," I smiled.

"Yeah, what?"

"You'll see," I grinned, dragging her out the door to my car.

--

hey hey hey! first author's note on this lmao. so thank you for reading my first story on wattpad! (maybe it's only you, jasmine XD)

sorry that i'm not capitalising. i just prefer doing this on author's note lol

and also sorry if this chap doesn't make sense. i didn't proofread it. :P (might do a final proofread after i finished this book)

please check out my other story 'The End of the Road'. it's a short story and kinda sad but hopefully you'll like it :)

i'm a beginner on this whole writing thing but i hope i can improve as i go :) please bear with me :D

and finally hope you guys like my stories! you can always request some stories (not like you're gonna :/) and message me if you ever need someone to talk to <3

thank youuuu, ily everyone who's reading :D <3 <3

~ Emerald xx