Chapter 9 | Say you'll never let me go

Jasmine's POV

After finishing up a part of our poster, I decided to hang around for a while since I had nothing to do anyway.

"As an apology for ruining our friendship, I decided on watching a movie. Jasmine, will you do the honour of being my best friend again?" Newton asked me. I smiled.

"Of course, just please don't hurt me again."

"I promise, princess," he smiled back. The use of the nickname caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

Newton's POV

I asked her to be my best friend again. I wanted the good old days to be the present, but I also wanted us more than friends. I decided to pick a horror movie to watch with her because she was scared of them, and she looked cute when she's scared. Sorry not sorry.

Jasmine's POV

I sat on the couch as I waited for Newton to put a movie into the player. A few seconds later, a title written in a scary font popped up on the TV.

"Are you serious, a horror movie?" I yelped.

"Sorry Jazz," he laughed. I stuck my tongue out at him and turned my head towards the TV. If you didn't know, I was terrified of horror movies to the extent that I might just pee my pants.

20 minutes into the movie and I was screaming my head off. I grasped Newton's arm. Please let this movie end.

Newton's POV

After 20 minutes into the movie, Jasmine was screaming. She clutched my arm, startling me. I looked at her and she was squeezing her eyes shut. Cute. She shifted closer to me and leaned on my chest. The emotions from my childhood exploded in me. I felt like I was 10 again, my heart sped up. I put my arm around her, making sure she was safe in my arms. I wasn't even watching the movie anymore. I focused on the little wrinkles between her eyebrows when her eyes were shut. I thought about her cuddling up against me – I could stay like this forever.

It was 11. I realised that Jasmine fell asleep. Her head was rested in the crook of my neck. It fitted perfectly. I smiled, closed my eyes and joined her little sleep.