Chapter 3

"So, I hope you don't mind if I ask, but, why are you sitting with me?" I ask Marli.

"I don't know. I have been mean to you and I don't see why. I guess I am just realizing that we should like people for them and you're pretty cool." She says as she smiles.

"Thanks." I giggle.

I am just now seeing Marli different. I never realized how pretty her long luscious chocolate hair was, or even how shocking her blue eyes are. Marli is the type of girl you would think is mean, because she's got that mean girl kind of look. She's one of the nicest girls though. Honestly, I think a good friendship is going to come up.

We are eating our lunch and I see a swarm of girls come over to the table. Maddie, Jenny, Layla, and Monroe. The conversation is instant, just like a fire after you but the wood in it. I feel something I haven't felt in a while. . It's joy, and happiness even. This is calming and comforting. I enjoy it while it lasts and then the bell rings. I grab my lunch box and throw away all of my garbage. Marli and I walk back to class together and sit down side my side. The classes go by faster than I thought.

"So, I was wondering, do you want to go to the movies at 6:00? I'll pick you up." Marli asks me.

"Yeah, sure. What movie?" I reply.

"What about we just find out when we get there?"

"Okay, I can't wait." I confirm.

"Great! See you later. Do want to go get a snack with me at Subway before the movie? We can sneak it in." she said so desperately like a beg.

"Yeah why not?" I reply.

I walk out the classroom and then something hits me. I always went to the movies every Friday with Emelynn. Marli and I are friends now though, the first friend I've had since Emelynn died. So, obviously, I don't want to let that go.