chapter xiii.

The rest of the holiday seemed to fly by, each day relaxing, with consistent sunshine. Tony didn't work, Loki was happy, the kids weren't to obnoxious. The kids were particularly upset while they were waiting for the plane at the airport.

"Can't we stay for longer?" Bruce whined.

"Beach." Natasha said sadly.

"No. I've been away for plenty long enough." Tony told them firmly. "And I've got plans."

"Plans?" Loki echoed. They were bordering the plane now, and as they sat down in their seats, Tony replied. "Yes, I'll tell you when we get back home. It's all organised!" Loki swallowed.

"Yes, well I have plans to tell you too." Tony smiled and nodded, before going back to listening to his music. Loki signed and went back to watching his film.

***

They stumbled in at eleven o'clock at night, and the kids sleepily climbed into bed straight away. Tony smiled at Loki and took him to the balcony, where he took out a glass of expensive champagne, and poured them each a glass. "What're we doing out here?" Loki asked curiously. He then let out a gasp. Tony bought out a shining green jewel ring. "Tony... I-"

"It's not a marriage ring!" Tony assured him quickly. "It's a going out ring... Y'know. Dating ring. What do they call it in space? Courtship?" He quickly smirked at him. "So... Will you... Be mine?"

"Of course." Loki said, his heart pounding. Loki reached out and pulled Tony towards him by his shirt. Tony kissed the other happily for a long time until Loki broke away sadly.

"Now for my news. It's about Asgard... I suppose."

"Oh god, not another loony is coming here, are they?" Tony asked annoyed.

"Well..." Loki hesitated. "Yes." Tony almost choked on his drink. "It-it's my sister."

"What?!" Tony exclaimed,dropping his glass and not caring in the slightest when glass smashed up his leg. Tony seemed to be struggling to decide what he wanted to do, swear or ask questions. "No one knows about her." He started to explain quickly, "But she's coming here." Tony scowled and turned away angrily, facing the view instead of the other.

It only took the tiny glance that Tony gave towards his suits to tell Loki how mad he was. "Don't go!" He pleaded quickly, grabbing Tony's hand but letting go when the billionaire didn't hold back. "It'll be fine! I should've told you I- I just um-I didn't want to ruin the holiday!" He stuttered, excuses pouring from his mouth. Tony shoved him back angrily. "Stop lying! You didn't tell me because you didn't want to." Tony snarled. Tony turned around and started to storm back inside when Loki grabbed him and pulled him back. "Get off!" Tony cried as Loki pulled him into his chest and refused to let him go. "No." Loki hissed,his voice like ice. The tone shocked Tony into silence and he stopped struggling for a moment. "Now shut up and listen to me." Loki hissed in the same tone. The God let Tony shove him back and sit down in a chair, letting his glare communicate everything he thought of Loki at that moment.

Loki smoothed down his shirt and started pacing, talking at the same time, "My sister is older than me. I discovered her while I was in Jotunheim (The Frost Giant Realm) and she made me vow not to tell anyone else. What reason had I to break that vow?"

"I don't know, maybe the part where you didn't want me to find out about your secret sibling!" Tony cut him off, regaining his ability to speak at last. "I told you to shut up and listen for once." Loki snapped. "She's coming here and yes, I know I should have told you and yes, she's kind of crazy and yes, I'm sorry so please stop being mad with me." Loki said quickly in a snarky tone which made Tony grit his teeth. After a long moment of sullen silence, Tony finally said something. "What about the kids?" He asked.