chapter xi.

"Is it time to go?' Clint asked sleepily as the lights in the room clicked on.
"Yeah." Tony replied, walking into the room. He was already dressed in jeans and a long sleeved top, a t-shirt over the top. Clint sat up, blinking blearily and yawning. Tony grinned at the sight. "Come on," He encouraged the sleepy five year old, "You can help me wake up the others." At this, Clint smiled and hopped out of bed, rushing past Tony. A few seconds later he heard the high cry coming from Steve, followed by, "Clint! Get off me! Okay, I'm getting up!" Tony rolled his eyes and went into the next room to wake up Natasha. To his surprise, she was already up and dressed. She smiled tiredly at him with a small yawn, so he walked over and picked her up, carrying her into the kitchen where he found Loki with Thor. A minute later, Clint and Steve stumbled in, both dressed and with bed heads. "We'll eat at the airport." Loki explained to them as he noticed Clint looking hungrily at the cupboards.

Since he was travelling with Loki, Fury had called, banning him from any use of his private aircrafts. They didn't really want Loki going anywhere, but Tony had argued that he couldn't take anything through the public airport security. Eventually it was allowed, and Tony didn't want to risk ruining it by attempting to fly one of his private planes anyway, which were so much more comfortable. Loki busied himself, checking the passports under Tony's instructions. He had no idea what to expect; he had never flown a plane before and was slightly nervous about taking to the sky in such a heavy metal structure.

The children were clamoured round the window, but they couldn't see much as it was still pitch black outside. Their flight left at half past four in the morning, so it was two am. The effects of sleep were only starting to wear off and most of the children looked half asleep. While the kids watched the streets, waiting for the car that was coming to take them to the airport, Loki kissed the sleepy looking Tony quickly and smiled at him. "This is a good idea." He reassured the billionaire.
"I just hope none of them mind flying." Tony muttered. Loki swallowed his fears of flying for the first time and decided not to mention it.

At last, the car pulled up outside and the kids rushed to the door, lacing up shoes and pulling on coats to protect them against the cold night time air. Tony slipped on a coat and Loki pulled on a jacket, cramming his hands into his pockets as soon as they stepped outside into the wind. Tony was pulling his suitcase and Natasha's and pushed them into the boot with the help of the driver. Once Loki had buckled the children into the huge eight seater van, he doubled back to help Tony with the rest of the bags.

Coming out if the door with Steve's suitcase, he watched with an amused expression as Tony was attempting to heave Bruce's suitcase, which was crammed with books, into the boot. Loki walked over and helped him lift it in. Tony looked embarrassed. "You're welcome." Loki teased.
"Not my fault you have Godly strength." Tony defended himself.
"Nice excuse." Loki replied. Finally, all the bags were shoved into the boot, the kids were strapped in, and Loki and Tony sat next to each other in the back of the car. The journey to the airport was to be a long one, Steve and Clint were soon asleep and, too tired to even argue, their heads rested together as they slept.

Natasha and Bruce were sitting next to one another and looking out, watching the dimly lit surroundings rush past. Whenever they stopped for long enough, Bruce would point something simple out and say it English, which Natasha would repeat and Tony sent Bruce an approving grin which made Bruce look very proud. Tony pulled out his phone, putting in earphones so that he didn't disturb the two sleeping boys and offered one to Loki. Loki was pretty confused as he watched Tony put it in his ear but he copied him all the same. The God was still awful with technology, though he wasn't quite as bad as Thor who seemed determined to never learn anything about it. Not to mention, living with Tony had pretty much forced Loki to be surrounded by technology every moment which had helped him pick a few things up.