chapter i.

DISCLAIMER: the majority of this story was written in twenty-sixteen, when we were pretty awful at writing, and captain america: civil war was yet to come out. please take this into consideration before you judge the quality of the writing, and the characterisation of the characters. enjoy! . . .

After they defeated Loki, he returned to Asgard. The Avengers continued to fight evil and save the world. Pepper left Tony, after he decided that what was best for him was the Avengers, and protecting other people. But Loki has returned, with another villain. Thorn, Princess of Asgard, is intent on destroying the Avengers. Forever.

Thor let out an agonised scream with shook the walls. Loki froze, ceasing to finish off Captain America for good.

"Brother?" He whispered to himself. Thorn laughed loudly, the sound cold and high, before she pointed her sceptre at Thor once again.

"No!" Loki cried, as Thorn raised the sceptre over her head. Only one thought raced around his head. Not my brother. Not his brother, who had stood in front of him every time their father had yelled at him or hit him. Not his brother, who had stood by his side, always, even when he didn't deserve his help.

Not his brother, who Loki loved more then anything in the world.

Loki gripped his sceptre, and pointed it at Thorn, causing a burst of bright shot out the end and slammed into her chest. She collapsed to the ground with a gasp, her eyes flickering closed and her body falling limp into the dirty ground of the warehouse. Loki ran forwards, throwing himself onto his knees before Thor, who was pushing himself up off the floor.

"Brother, I—" Loki began, his voice already filled with one thousand apologies. Thor cut him off, his voice cracked as he wiped blood from his lip,

"No time now, Loki. Take Tony to Stark Towers, now." Loki thought about refusing to leave Thor's side, but there was a certain urgency in Thor's voice that made him nod and find Tony. Tony, who Thorn had dealt with first, was sprawled on the floor. His helmet was somewhere on the other side of the room, and his bruised and cut face rested on the ground. His head was surrounded by a large pool of scarlet blood and a few sparks flickered in his broken suit every few seconds. He was out cold.

Loki regretfully picked Tony up in his arms, and using his magic, teleported into Stark Towers. "So much for Stark's high security system." He muttered to himself, dumping Tony in the first bedroom he saw.

Back at the warehouse, the remaining Avengers were still in combat with Thorn.  A bead of sweat rolled down her face as she realised, they were too powerful. Raising her sceptre into the air she cried, "Too much power, take it away!" The sceptre glowed fiercely as the Avengers began to shrink in their clothes, leaving five piles behind.

Loki burst into the warehouse, his sceptre out in front of him and his cape billowing behind him. He stopped in his tracks as he was confronted by a silent still room, with five piles of clothes dotted around it.

"Thor?" Loki called uncertainly, peering around the dimly lit room. He was about to start searching the surrounding streets when he heard a wailing sound. It was coming from the nearest pile of clothes. Loki walked forwards, cautiously stretching out a hand, realising that the pile of clothes belonged to. . . Captain America?

He gingerly lifted the suit and stepped back as he saw, not a dangerous creature, but a little boy! The child was about five years of age, judging his size which was small, with light fair hair, and piercing blue eyes. Loki knew those eyes all too well. After all. It's not easy to forget the eyes of the hero you were trying to destroy almost just an hour ago.