Chapter 3 : Asshat

Hey guys, have a look at the picture; it sums up Stingue for me.

Hope you enjoy! If you do, then please vote, and comments are always appreciated.

xxx

~still in the realms of 13-year-old Sting's mind~

One evening, I asked Rogue who he fancied.

"Hey, Rogue, who do you like?" The shadow dragon, who had previously been putting on his PJ's, slowly turned around one arm in a sleeve one not.

Face beetroot red he replied, "Erm... u-um, well... I... er.... like, th-that is I have always liked... Y-Y... Er... Mirajane." The guy seed really flabbergasted like he didn't want to tell me which oddly seemed to hurt more than rejection at the time.

"Who do you like?" he said breaking the awkward silence now it was my turn to get in a panic.

"Nastu!" I kind of yelled it at the time. It does make sense he would be the first to come to mind; I have always had a little crush on my childhood hero.

I never gave up asking. I never give up in any situation; even if you only have a 1% chance you need to keep fighting. Never give in.

I always ask him roughly every six months who he likes. Oddly, he never seems to settle on one person, and I often think he doesn't trust me with the truth which still hurts a lot.

At the moment he likes Yukino, and why wouldn't he? She is kind, sweet, gentle and understanding. Basically everything I'll never be. I have no chance to ever win his heart. I'm just not good enough; I'll never be good enough.

Snap out of it Sting! I seem to be telling myself that a lot recently. No one should ever dwell in sad memories or thoughts. The past is the past, and you can't change that. However, you can change your current mood by choosing to remember either sad or happy thoughts. Or dwell on either sad or happy things, or look at everything in a dark or positive light. Lector told me that, I don't how I'd survive without him.

I felt the weight lift from my shoulder. "So, you're finally awake sleeping beauty. I think you drooled on my shoulder."

"Shut up you asshat," he said drowsily.

"What on earth is an asshat?"

"You," he said plainly

"What, so my butt stays on your ass all day? How do you lift me up when you stand? Do I stay on with glue?"

Rogue then proceeded to fall onto the floor due to a mix of laughter, motion sickness and lingering sleep.

His laugh is so adorable; it always lifts my spirits, and he looked so cute in a heap on the floor.

"Mainly I just shit on you."

That sent me into hysterics and the combined pain of laughter and motion sickness meant I ended up joining Rogue on the floor.

However, the second I hit the floor the mood completely changed as if I had entered a different dimension of emotion. We lay there for what seemed like an eternity but also the shortest time; feet lightly touching, noses gently grazing. I didn't dare breath.

We stared into each other's eyes, his dark and black like an unlit room mysterious and quiet never knowing what's really there.

Neither of us spoke just enjoying the moment while enduring the motion sickness.

When the train came to a holt, Rogue was the first to stand; his black hair was messed up in a mass of spikes.

"Come on you asshat; we've got a monster to dispatch."

"As you wish sleeping beauty," I said while bowing sarcastically.

Rogue glared at me though to me it was a look too cute for words.

                                xxx

Hope you enjoyed! More in 2 days and please vote if you enjoyed, and comment tell me what you liked or hated or whatever.