Chapter 4: Mrs. Valiente's temper

Start from the beginning

Raffy gulped thickly. "I'll assure you, mom, we will get back together before this weekends," Raffy tried to reason out, but he doesn't seem to believe is own words. He knew she was far to reach now. He felt it in his bones how serious she was. Moving to New York made him realized that she was deadly serious about moving on and that left him a bitterness in his heart.

The scowl on his mother's face deepened. "You don't understand what I was trying to point out here, Rafael Benedict!" she interjected grimly. "You are behaving like a dou—"

"He's not like that!" The grand old duke rebutted cutting her off.

"See? That's the point here!" Tatiana spat at her grandfather fumingly. "I'm not being disrespectful, dedushka, but you are just making it worst. Instead of disciplining him, you are covering his maddening ways!" Tatiana pointed out harshly, her tone increasing vehemently.

"Mom—"

"SHUT UP!" Tatiana cuts Raffy off as she narrowed her eyes at him.

Raffy bit his inner cheek, his jaw tightened in frustrations. His mother looks downright angry and determined and he's scared, like shit.

Rafael Alejandro has been quiet the whole time watching his wife, the old grand duke, and his son arguing. He wanted to cut the thick tension mounting up, but he'd rather not interject at his wife's fury.

The grand old duke sighed in defeat. He knew his granddaughter is right at this point. "I'll take care of this matter. I'll personally watch him and discipline him," he promised.

"I've heard that before, dedushka. Actually, a lot of times." Tatiana pointed out. "I made up my mind. He's coming with us tomorrow and he'll be back after a month. He can work while he's with us, anyway," Tatiana reprimanded and the grand duke nodded his head in resignation.

"He has to come for the opening of the new high school building in a week," the grand old duke reminded, but he was looking at Raffy.

"That's fine, then he comes back after," Mrs. Valiente glared at the two.

Raffy and Nikolai Dmitri didn't say anything, just nodding their head. Tatiana is a one of a hell-bent if she's provoked.

Rafael leaned in forward and whispered to his wife proudly. "Now, I'm aroused. I like it when you're too fiery," then place a lingering kiss on her cheeks with passion.

Tatiana stared at him with the same intense gaze, love radiating from their eyes, and gave him a sweet smile, it seems that the heated argument didn't happen.

...........

Natalia's POV

"Did someone in the hospital upset you that you decided to resign?" dad was looking intently at me as I kept on packing my stuff, ready to leave for tomorrow to New York. I got the job at the hospital where Angelik was working. She and Max were my references that's why it didn't take long to get the job, plus my name helped me a lot.

"Dad, nobody upsets me. I just want a new environment," I reasoned out. They didn't know about our break-up yet and Raffy and I have no intention to let them learned about it.

"But honey, we will miss you. And I'm not used to your absence," dad cajoled too sweetly. He was pacing across the room.

I stop midway of stuffing the clothes inside the big pink luggage. My bed is filled with my clothes. I face my dad and he was now standing with both hands in his pockets, his eyes were full of dread and sadness.

I smiled and walked towards him. I encircled my hands around his waist and hug him tight. "Dad, I'm a big girl now, and I promise, I will be fine on my own. Besides, Angelik and Max are there." I cajoled sweetly. He hugs me back and he kissed my head tenderly. I was so lucky to have a father like him. He is the best father anyone would ask for.