Chapter 1 |The New Student|

|In 2016 this was once a really popular story that I regrettably deleted because the writing was terrible. I decided to rewrite it with a few big changes and doing a new retouch on the story. Hopefully you can enjoy :3|

|Normal.POV|

The blue hedgehog of a normal high school was walking down the hallways, along with his friend Rouge. They weren't exactly close friends but they still liked to hang out. The reason these two were friends was because of their interest in Art. So obviously they were both walking to their favorite class together.

|In Class|

|Sonic's.POV|

Sitting in class is pretty boring most of the time. The teacher was explaining the history about some artists and I secretly was drawing in an extra notebook I had. I looked down for almost the entire time until the words "A new Student" caught my ears. I instantly looked up and saw a new face. He was a black and red hedgehog that wore a frown on his face. He looked both sad and full of anger. It was menacing but I was kinda interested in seeing how well he would fit in. The teacher mentioned his name was "Shadow" and pointed to a seat right next to me and I jumped a little. I know it seems a bit cliche that someone new was sitting next to me but I went along with it. Besides it added a bit of excitement to this class.

During the first hour of class the teacher had been talking and all about whatever she was talking about and when the next hour came she let us do something called "free draw" Which obviously meant we can draw whatever we wanted for the next hour. Everyone in class talked to their friends and had a good time, but I wasn't near any friends, me and rouge were on two different sides of the class and the teacher said we couldn't leave our seats. I glanced over at this new student and saw him fully concentrating on his art. At first I had no idea what to draw, but after taking a few more glances I realized I wanted to draw him. I grabbed my pencil and casually glanced at him and then at my paper. While in the middle of doing this I looked at him and jumped a little when I saw he stared back at me with annoyance in his eyes. "I'm not interested in whatever your excuse is, but I don't appreciate being stared at." He said with a deep voice.

"Um...sorry about that." I said. I looked back at my desk and the corner of my eye I saw that he looked at me for a while before looking back at his work. It was awkward for a while until I decided to break the ice and ask some questions to hopefully get a conversation going.

"So...why'd you choose to do art?" I asked, squeezing my own hand. He saw that the question was directed to him and answered quickly. "Did my attitude give you a different vibe?" He asked. "Well I don't mean to judge but you don't look like someone who would do art." I said. I wanted to slap myself in the face so hard, I expected a punch to the face or something for asking him that.

He sighed and kept drawing "You shouldn't judge so harshly, makes you look shallow." he said with a calm voice. "Well I guess that's the interesting thing about meeting new people." I said. I saw his point about the things I had said and we kept talking. Back and forth we asked questions about each other. We had a decent conversation about our personal interests and all that, I think I might of just made a new friend, a friend who also happens to be the new student.

Again, it's so cliche that he just happened to sit next to me, I mean it's just too easy you know. But I didn't really seem to mind, he seemed like a pretty cool guy. Maybe I over did the "I think I just made a new friend." part, but maybe every once in a while, me and him could talk

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~~•~•~•~••~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~