Chapter 2: something strange

Frantically you put the brooch back in it's tiny box and open the door. It's your dad, "We are going out to eat so you might want to change into some clean clothes. You got about an hour to clean up." and with that being said he closed the door. Looking down at your pants you discover that they are covered in dust and dirt, so you switch into some cleaner clothes and slip down into the kitchen where your mom is waiting for you.

"Where's dad?" you ask. "Taking a shower, so we got time to kill." she replied then continued asking you about the basement. Unsure if your parents planted the box and brooch there or if it was left behind by previous owners you decided to not mention either item. She didn't seem to even be bothered at all by this and continues talking about how well kept the house must have been if there was no mold or damage down there. After talking for a while your dad comes walking down the stairs ready to go. So you all climb into one car and head off looking for a good place to eat.
After a bit of driving you all settle on a tiny restaurant not far from where you live.

(time skip to after dinner (¬_¬) )

After eating at this restaurant, you and your parents head out to a grocer for some food to stock your fridge. After you get home and fill up the fridge you decided just to sleep for a bit and when you woke up it was later at night with the window not really offering much light now. Looking over at the clock on your nightstand and the bright colors read out 10:54. Well I've been sleeping for around five hours now... I could play with my laptop... Yeah I'm going to get it, you thought to your self and got up and fumbled over to your desk looking for the laptop but your hands meet the brooch's box instead. Its finish calls to you and begs you to open it. As if in a trance you open the box and take the brooch. Strangely enough the brooch feels warm as you pin to your shirt. As soon as it is in place and securely pinned the brooch started to lightly glow. Then the light glow went to violently shining and lit up the whole room. After a few seconds the light was gone you opened your eyes to find a pair of purple eyes staring back at you. Completely frozen in fear you stood there looking at this thing. It closely resembled a tiger being orange with a creamy color stomach and black stripes lined it's sides and back, but the shape of it was nothing like a tiger. The body was pear shaped and the head was as big as a golf ball. Complete with little arms and legs and a tail. As it literally floated backwards a bit and started to talk to you, "I'm Manteau! You're kwami!" "M-My what?" you choked out. " Your kwami!" Manteau told you again. He seemed so excited and cute, it calmed your nerves a bit. More relaxed you asked him, " Could you tell what a kwami is?" your voice a little strained. "How about we talk about this over some strawberries?" he asks. Thinking this was just a crazy dream you just went along with it and walked out your room, past your parents room (which you hear your dad snore in) and down to the kitchen. After getting the strawberries from your fridge and placing them on the counter you watched the tiny tiger eat and he explains to you what you don't understand between strawberries. After a while you walked over to the cupboards to get a cup to get yourself a drink, but on the way there you stub your toe, hard. Mutter things you sit on the floor and grab your foot as if that would help the pain. Then it hits you, this is not a dream, you just felt pain. That wouldn't happen in a dream. Staying there in shock you realize all this really happened. A TINY TIGER THING CLIMBED OUT A PIN THAT IS CURRENTLY STILL ON YOUR SHIRT! The kwami suddenly noticed you freaking out on the floor and tried to calm you. After a bit more talking you were calmed down to a point where you could function properly. However you were still paranoid. "Hey how about a stroll on the roof tops" Manteau asked grinning wildly. "And how can we do that?" you retort. "Easy you heard me talk about the transforming part right?"
" right? Where are you getting at?"
"Well.... We could transform and jump on the roof top and, ya know, see the beauty of Paris with a bird's eye view." He said mischievously. Thinking about it, it sounded wonderful seeing the city of love like that so you hesitantly agreed to this plan. "GREAT! You might want t-" you interrupted him, " Only if i can call you Monty. It's shorter than Manteau." you explained
"Okay fine, but you should look in a mirror when you transform into Tigeress!"
"Why?" you asked a little bit confused.
"So you can see yourself duh!" he excitedly grabbed your shirt and tugged it. You two went up to the bath room which had a large mirror inside. You took a deep breath then said, "Monty, stripes out" and then closed your eyes tightly as the transformation began. A new feeling covered nearly your whole body and something tightened around waist while something shuffled your hair. After a while of standing there with quite stiff posture you open your eyes again and take in what you see in the mirror. Your body is covered by a suit matching Monty's body perfectly. But something new he didn't have was a black cloak that ended near your knees. Moving the cloak aside a bit you see what tighten around your waist: a large black silky ribbon. It was tied in a bow in the black with your fluffy tail coming out from underneath it. It kept a wooden bow stuck to your thigh and when you unsheathed it a arrow materialized as you touched the string as if waiting for you to pull it back and fire. Putting it back the arrow disappeared again. Now you noticed the ears sitting on top of your head that moved as you wished. Finally noticing the brooch which laid in the middle of your chest now had a orange paw on it. Something felt off though then you noticed it too. Your eyes.