Oh My Gods Did That Just Happen Annabeth's POV

Somebody pinch me, I MUST be dreaming. I mean come on do the gods just spy on me to figure out the absolute worst moments to show up. Like now for example, Zeus shows up and ruins my whole keeping Magnus a secret plan. I mean it seriously frustrates me when one of my plans just gets tossed out! However, I kept all these thoughts to myself because of course I was going to be talking to the King of the Greek Gods and I did not want to be electrified for something I said.
I had been so focused on cursing the gods under my breath about their horrible timing that I hadn't realized that my supposed to be "secret" cousin was talking to Zeus. I had just heard Zeus saying that he had sensed that Magnus was of godly descent, and Zeus seemed to be getting mad at Magnus for not answering his questions or speaking at all. I quickly cut into the conversation before Magnus could run his mouth.
"Mighty Zeus, this is my c-cousin, Magnus, Magnus Chase."
"Is he a mute, why can he not speak on his accord?"
"Yes, he is,um, mute," I replied in a very unconvincing voice.
Magnus looked over at me and glared. Hey, I know it's not the best lie, but it was the best I could do at the time given.
"He is related to one of the gods, come child of Athena let us go see who claims him. The parent will claim him soon, since he is related to you."
"Sir?"
"Yes."
I tried my best to sound convincing and full of confidence,"We cannot go with you to Camp Halfblood."
"Why not?"
In that moment I was so utterly happy that I still had my wits about me, "We have to analyze the architecture in New Rome so that we may be able to find sturdy areas so that the statues or shrines for all the forgotten gods will last for centuries." Hopefully this lie worked, if only temporarily.
He sat for a moment pondering if he should let us go, and replied by simply gesturing his head in the direction we should go.
"Travel younglings, but by the end of this week, boy, I wish to know who your parent is." He then vanished in the clap of nearby thunder.
I had just wiped the sweat from my brow when I heard Magnus' voice behind me.
"What's New Rome?"