Miss Shimuza

Your POV

We walked into the school and it wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. I was guessing there were a couple more hallways, considering it's such a large school. Arima was still following me and I could tell Takashi wasn't happy. 

Ever since we were little, Takashi had always been very possessive of me. I remember this one little boy named Juro. He walked up to us at the park and asked if he could play. I can still hear little Takashi's voice screaming NO. 

"What's your first class, (Y/N)?" Arima asked. I looked down at my class sheet. 

"Um, music theory with Miss Simuza," I said. His baby blues seemed to light up as he began to speak again.

"As do I," he said. Takashi had a scowl on his face.

"What about you Takashi?"

"I, uh, got music theory 2 with Mr. Aiza," he said sweat dropping. 

"You're dad teaches here?" I asked, with my head cocked to the side. He nodded. I playfully pat him on the shoulder. "Good luck!" I said and we went our separate ways.

Timeskip ~ Walking down the hallways with Arima is boring...

We got to Miss Shimuza's class a little early and Miss Shimuza herself was the only one there yet.

"Oh, where are those kids. They should've come in by now. Oh, shoot. I got lipstick on my teeth. Do you think they'll notice? Probably not. But if they do, will they say something? Most likely. They'll probably say something like 'Miss Shimuza has lipstick all over her teeth!'. They don't understand the struggles of-"

"Uh, Miss Shimuza?" I questioned, breaking up her... uh... conversation. She quickly turned around to meet us.

"O-Oh! Greetings, students!" she said, awkwardly. Arima gave a hesitant, yet polite, nod. "Please take your seats, uh, anywhere." I followed the main-protagonist-sits-by-window-in-back rule and Arima sat down next to me. A couple minutes later, everyone was inside the classroom.

"Alright, class! I'm Miss Shimuza! Before I say anything stupid, I want to say: Music give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." Everyone clapped at her inspirational speech. "Now, saying that, I want each and every one of you to give life to this room, with music!" A couple 'yes!'s could be heard throughout the room, but my mind went blank. My stupid mind started coming up with as many things that could go wrong, that not ONE was left out.

Luckily, I was called on last. This was good and bad. Good for obvious reasons and bad because the other kids' talents intimidated me. I walked up to the front of the classroom and got prepared to play. I was in playing position, but I couldn't move. My muscles had stiffened. I felt a presence behind my ear and it said, "Jouer. Jouer!" I couldn't tell who it was, but I began playing.

Stop 58 seconds in. I opened my eyes wide and stared at the class. They were staring back at me with the same wide eyes. Something happened again. I just know it. Why can I never do anything right in front of people? 

Arima's POV

She finished and everyone was looking at her like she was a god. But if I remember the last time I did that, she freaks out. Of course, her eyes were wide and getting watery. I looked over at Miss Shimuza, who was getting ready to clap, but (Y/N) darted out before Miss Shimuza could continue. I got out of my seat and ran after her on instinct.

I ran around the school, and looked everywhere (except the girls restroom). That's when I decided to go outside. I knew she wasn't in the front, there were too many people traveling through. I went outback and discovered a large garden area. There were trees everywhere, at least two flowers per tree and a large, elegant fountain in the center of it all. I found (Y/N) under a weeping willow tree... well... weeping. Her knees were pulled up to her chest, her arms were folded over top of her knees, and her head buried in between it all.

I made my way over to her but she didn't notice. "(Y/N)?" I asked, softly. 

"Go away, Takeshi," she said, obviously not looking up.

"Takeshi's still in class," I continued. She looked up at me, her (E/C) eyes, red and still tear filled.

"Sorry," she said, burrowing her head back into it's spot. After a long pause, I began to speak, again.

"They were speechless."

"Because of my stupidness."

"Because of your talent." As I said that, little sniffles were once again audible. I got closer and sat down next to her. She unfolded her arms and latched to my arm. I could feel the wet droplets on my sleeve. 

After a few minutes, she calmed down. Her head was laying against my arm and I hadn't noticed that my head was laying on top of hers. I turned my head and planted a gentle kiss on her head. She smiled.

A/N

OMG!! Over 500 veiws in 3 weeks??!! We're up to 1.1k veiws!! I was so overwhelmed that I kept forgetting to write (๑'ω'๑). But here's a chapter! Bye-nee!~

P.S. Constructive criticism is appreciated