Nishimura Music Academy

It was (Y/N)'s first day at Nishimura Music Academy. She had barely made it into her dream music school. This was the second choice for most musicians, although she was very excited. She had heard that Kousei Arima, Emi Igawa and her best friend, Takeshi Aiza, were going to be there.

"Takeshi! Guess what!" I cheered through the phone.

"What is it?" he questioned.

"You're supposed to guess!" I pouted.

"Uh, you got a new cat?" he asked, blankly.

"I wish, but no," I said.

"Then just tell me," he said.

"I got into Nishimura Music Academy!" I sang.

"Are you serious? I knew you were good, but I didn't think you were that good!"  he beamed. Did he really just say that?

"Are you saying that I'm bad?" I asked, hate filling my voice.

"N-n-no! That's not what I meant at all!" he begged.

"Okay!" I said.

"Oh. I've got to go. See you at opening ceremony, (Y/N)!" he beamed as he hung up the phone. I don't usually say 'bye' so he'd gotten used to just hanging up the phone. I laid flat on my bed and hugged my pillow, staring into the ceiling. Nishimura's gonna be so fun! I hope I can make some good friends and get over my shyness. It might sound strange, but I've never preformed in front of anyone except for my family and Takeshi. That means I haven't preformed in any competitions, either. 

I shook my mind to get rid of those thoughts and reached for the school pamphlet. I flipped to the 'students' page and started to read off the names. My eyes locked on the name 'Arima, Kousei'. No way! The renowned pianist, Arima is going to the same school as Takeshi and I! I smiled at the possibilities. There were quite a few famous names in here, actually. What if I meet these people? That would be awesome. My thoughts were interrupted by my mom knocking on the door.

"Sweetie, you're instructor's here," she informed me. Oh, how I hate my instructor. He makes me so uneasy that I can't even play right.

"O-okay, Mom," I answered. I put down the pamphlet, threw down the pillow, and started heading downstairs.

"Hello, Ms. (Y/L/N)," he said, trying to sound polite. "Are you ready to practice?" I let out a shaky 'yes' and picked up the violin. He gave me the sheet music to Nocturne No. 20. Usually, I can play this, no sweat, but with him pressuring me, I just can't. I made about all the mistakes I could. He abruptly stood up.

"I don't think you're teachable! I've been trying so hard! You've been practicing this song for months now! How can you still not be able to play it?" he snapped. All I did was look down and he up and left me there, alone. My mom came in and I explained everything.

"I guess we'll have to find a new teacher, then," she said, discouraged. I put down my violin and went back up to my room. My mom knows I'm good, but she doesn't know how shy I am. So, she gets confused when the instructor tells her how bad I'm doing. I was really tired when I got upstairs, so I just went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the fresh smell of rice. Yum! After I ate that, Mom gave me the great news.

"I found you a new instructor!" she rejoiced.

"That's great!" I said.

"She's actually a piano instructor, but she knows a thing or two about violin," my mom said. I nodded my head.

"As long as she can teach me!" I beamed. I really hope she can. I don't want to be laughed at by Takeshi. Oh! That reminded me! "Thanks for the food, Mom! I'm gonna go hang out with Aiza!" I said as I made my way out the door. After running for a while, I finally got to our meeting place. He was already there!

"I'm so so so sorry!" I quaked. 

"What are you apologizing about? I just got here," he said.

"Oh. Well, let's get going!" I said. He nodded as I dragged him over to the takoyaki stand.

"Two, please," he spoke kindly to the worker. A few seconds later, he handed us our takoyaki. 

"Let's sit over there!" I sang, pointing to the bench under the cherry blossom tree. He nodded as I, again, dragged him to the bench. We talked and joked while we ate our takoyaki. It was the most fun I'd had with Takeshi for quite a while, but then, a girl with long black hair came up to us. To be specific, she came up to Takeshi.

"Who's this, Aiza?" she requested. 

"This is (Y/L/N) (Y/N)," he said. The girl nodded. Then he looked at me. "And this is Igawa Emi." My eyes widened at her name. It sounded so familiar, I just couldn't remember where I'd heard her name before. 

"Is there something wrong?" Igawa asked me. I shook my head. I abruptly stood up.

"Are you sure nothing's wrong, (Y/N)?" Takeshi asked, standing up with me. I don't know why, but I was starting to feel lightheaded. Everything started spinning and my legs felt weak. I fell to the ground, still conscious. Tears started streaming down my face, as the pain in my head got worse. 

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" I could vaguely hear Takeshi scream as I lost consciousness.