Oh, Boy

About a week later, I finally got over my fever. The only thing I haven't gotten over is how I embarrassed myself in front of Arima! I'm gonna have to see him today, too. I'm supposed to go to Seto's house for practice.

Maybe things will go my way and he won't be there. Ah- Who am I kidding? Things never go my way. Whether it's the boy I have a crush on, or my mid-day taco, something always goes wrong.

"(Y/N)?" A gruff voice called out to me. I jerked to look at the door and found my older brother, Ren. He is a year into college and a huge jerk.

"What d'ya want?" I said, annoyed.

"Geez! I thought you'd be glad that the Great Ren is home," he said, emphasizing Great Ren. I groaned at the stupidity of his response. "Enough with reunions. Did you get into that nerd school?"

"IT IS NOT A NERD SCHOOL!! And yes," I said glumly.

"(Y/N)! Arima's here!" Mom called from downstairs.

"Ooh!" said Ren, tauntingly. "Is Arima your boyfriend?"

"N-NO!!" I said, wanting it to be true. Just then, footsteps could be heard loud and clear from the hallway.

"(Y/N). Arima's here," Takeshi said blandly.

"Takeshi! How long have you been here?"

"Your mom asked if I wanted breakfast, and you know your mom. I couldn't say no," he said.

"Ah, so you two finally hooked up, eh?" Ren said with a smirk.

"NO!!" We said together, Takeshi blushing a bit.

"REN! JUST GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I yelled. He left quickly, with his hands in the air.

Takeshi let out a sigh of relief. Ren could annoy the crap outta anyone. I slowly walked downstairs, Takeshi at my side.

"Wait a second! That's not Arima!" I wailed catching the attention of Seto.

"I thought you might come faster to Arima then me, but I guess your just slow," she said, a laugh not trailing to far behind.

Hearing someone else insult me, Ren was there in a flash. He bowed down and stuck his hand out towards Seto. "Ren (Y/L/N). Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Seto Hiroko," Seto said, giving his outstretched hand a high-five. He just stayed there shocked that she didn't 'fall trap to his charm and good looks'. Which he has neither of.

"Ready, (Y/N)?" Seto asked opening the door. I ran around the house trying to find my violin and we left after finding it in Ren's hand.

Timeskip! One car drive later.

We were greeted by Seto's adorable little dauther, Koharu. Her hair was a complete mess so I guess she just woke up from a nap. Seto led me into a room with a piano and shelves filled with music sheets. 

"What d'you wanna play today?" she asked. 

"Mm... How about this?" I said, pulling out a song that I really enjoy.

"Sounds good! Kousei! Get in here!" she yelled, causing me to flinch. Arima slowly walked into the room and say down in an armchair. I set the sheets onto the music stand and shakily began playing.

Arima's POV

There it was again. That sound. It sounded conflicted. It was angry, happy, and fear. I still have no clue what's going on inside her head. I really want to. Ah, the more she plays, the more I need to know.

Seto and Koharu clap at (Y/N)'s violin piece, while I stay there, blank faced. I know it makes her uncomfortable, but I just really want to talk to her alone.

A/N

I'm super duper sorry for not updating on time, AGAIN! It takes a while for me to figure out what events will flow with the story and when I'm searching for violin pieces on Youtube, I get sucked into the recommended. Ah, well. Bye-nee!~