***

"Mitch," Avi woke me up the next day. I didn't even have much sleep. I kept worrying about that idiotic blond. "What?" I groaned, pulling the covers up when he tried pulling them down.

"You need to be productive today."

"I do?"

"You do."

"How do you think I should be?"

"Partying or clubbing. Running. Exercise. Something?"

"Partying sounds good. I could drown all my sleep deprivation in drinking," I joked, but Kevin rolled his eyes and Avi sighed.

"Okay, we'll do that, only if it meant for you to be back on track," Avi stated. "Get ready for tonight, then."

"Okay," I muttered, and then they left me to the other rooms in my house. I got up slowly, preparing myself for the day.

***

I went to my closet and pulled out some jeans and a random sweater. A blue one, specifically.

Once I finished dressing, I turned to the door, left my abnormally dark room, and fixed my hair, making sure I also had no bags under my eyes, using the concealer I had bought awhile earlier.

"Mitch?" Kevin called. I went to his voice, concerned, and he gave me a plate of food. "You're going to have to eat before we leave."

I pursed my lips with a nod, "I will."

He smiled a probably sympathetic one, went inside the kitchen again, and I sat down with the plate of chicken in my hands. I wasn't very hungry, but I ate anyways, just so he wouldn't pester me about it.

Eventually, Kevin came back and smiled again (most likely because I had finally eaten) and took the now empty plate from me. "Mitch," Avi said. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I yelled back, standing up and rushing to where he was.

"You're not that enthusiastic," he stated. I shrugged, "I don't want to go. But I should, and I know that."

"Good. Keep a smile on your face. Please don't flirt with anyone," he demanded, and I rolled my eyes. "You took the fun away from clubbing."

"Shut up," he rolled his eyes. "We better go."

***

It was a lot more packed than we thought it'd be. There were probably a hundred or more people there, and most were females. It was a Friday, but I didn't think anything of it until then. "Damn," Avi cursed under his breath. I didn't speak to reply, probably because I didn't feel the need to.

He smiled at me, and as I looked to the crowd, I saw a blonde girl that I recognized. She saw me too, and once she did, she sweetly smiled and rushed over to Avi and I.

"Mitch, hey. You alright?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" I inquired. She pursed her lips, "Never mind."

Avi and Kirstie looked at each other, making Kirstie blush and look at me. "Anyways, anything from the police?" She asked. I shook my head. Avi then spoke, "I'm sorry about that but we came here to not focus on Scott. He needs to... stop worrying," he found the words. I rolled my eyes.

"Right," she nodded. "Of course. Sorry," she looked down and walked away.

"Nice," I said sarcastically. "Perfect way to get someone."

"Wouldn't you know?" He rolled his own eyes.

I scoffed, but didn't reply. "Anyways, drinks?"

***

I did think I had seen Scott once that night. I think, I think.

And now that I thought I did, I was looking eagerly for him all over the place, just that tall blond boy and no one else.

I thought I saw him - but it was just a shorter guy. I saw another lookalike - but not him. His kind is literally half of Los Angeles - tall, blue-eyed, blond hair. They were everywhere.

And so when Avi came to my side, clearly confused about why I was looking for someone - specifically Scott. "What are you doing?" He sighed.

"I think I saw Scott," I said. My head was hurting.

"No," Avi groaned. "He isn't here."

"How do you know? You clearly don't like him," I muttered. "You wouldn't look for him."

"I don't not like him," he said. "I just haven't really met him. I don't know how he's like."

"He's cute," I smiled, my drunken demeanor showing, most likely. "He seems so mean but he isn't. Most times, anyways."

"God, you always fall for the bad guys," he sighed again, holding me up when I was going to fall. "Do not!" I denied.

"You do," he chuckled. "But if you think you really saw your crush here, then I guess we can try to find him. But can you for now? I need to go say sorry to Kirstie."

I nodded, "Have fun."

"Don't be stupid," he called as he went the other way, looking for the short girl.

I looked around myself, and yet I found nothing. Why would he even be here, if he was? It's the most obvious place.

"Scott?" I whispered right when I saw a blond and another blond boy talking to each other. One was taller than the other, and had darker hair, but it was still blond. I walked over there slowly, and as I got closer, the more the light haired one had looked like Scott, but I still haven't recognized the other man.

"Scott?" I said as I was behind them.

One of them looked at me, the taller one, and he motioned to me. Then the other guy turned around.

And it was Scott.

"Mitch?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you need?"

"What do I need? You need to stop disappearing for days at a time - you need to tell Kirstie you're okay, God - wait, what're you doing here? Why did you disappear?"

"Disappear," he repeated. "I'm not a good guy to be hanging out with, Mitchie," he used an unfamiliar nickname. "I'm a defect. And Mitch..." He sighed, almost happily, "You're perfect. You have everything, you love everything, you are everything. Stay away, okay? I mean that in the nicest way possible. Tell Kirstie I'll come back, but for now..." He trailed off. "I don't think I will for awhile."

"How long?" I asked, my vision becoming blurry. I wasn't crying. I felt weak.

He looked at me, clearly concerned, and I frowned. "What?"

"Mitch?" He widened his eyes. My feet didn't seem to work. "Mitch!"

And then I fell, complete darkness capturing me. Where? Probably the ground, but I didn't feel the ground. I felt arms.

***

a/n: ok this won't turn into Fangirl I promise lmao

lots and lots of time skips ahaha