//Chapter Three//

A Fallen Opportunity
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Normal Pov
>>>>>>>>>>>

You emerged from your bedroom and let out a yawn, while walking down the hall. You found Arthur sitting in the living room in a comfy looking recliner and reading a book by a toasty fireplace.

He noticed your arrival and smiled kindly, "Good morning my child, did you sleep well?" He asked.

You shrugged your shoulders in response.

He chuckled, "I guess that's a reasonable response."

You sniffed the air and asked Arthur on what smelled so good?

((Hold on Arthur cooked something good? Well we're screwed #endoftheworld))

He smiled, "I thought that you may be hungry when you woken up, so I made you some breakfast. Here let me show you." He got up from his recliner and led you and Wy into the kitchen.

On the counter was a plate of warm scones and on another hash-browns.

"I didn't know what you'd like more, so I cooked two things, instead of making you eat something you'd despise." He sighed.

You turned to him and smiled, thanking him for his consideration. He smiled back and went back into the living room.

Glancing back at the two dishes, you decided to munch on (dish you chose), and your taste buds were introduced to the taste of burnt food.

((All is right with the world now!))

Wy giggled at your disgusted reaction, "Yeah he only knows how to cook the rare scones and the lucky pies."

You glared at her with a 'really?' look.

"Sorry, sorry." Wy smiled.

You did the manliest thing known to man and you ate the rest, hoping not to be rude to the man who allowed you to stay in his home and let you call him 'mom'.

(WOO GO READER-SAMA!)

After finishing your meal, Wy looked at you in amazement, "Wow, I'm surprised that your not dead." She joked and laughed.

You weakly smiled and put the plate in the sink, then walked into the living room, where Arthur had a pair of reading glasses on and was reading a book.

(I swear if you thought porn, I'm gonna laugh, cuz I was tempted to put that XD)

He notice your presence and smiled.

"Did you like the food?" He asked.

You lied and awkwardly nodded your head.

He smiled, "Good I'm glad, I can cook for you like that more if you'd like." He offered.

You told him that 'it would be great.' in your hand signals.

He smiled wide, "Wonderful."

You pulled up a chair from the table and sat in front of him, the two of you talked (he did most of the talking while you hand signalled) about your interests and dislikes. Before you knew it, it was nighttime again. You let out a yawn and he followed.

"Wow, I suppose that time had the best of us today, shall I make dinner?" He asked.

You shook your head and pushed the chair back into the table. You told Arthur that you were heading to bed.

"Goodnight my child." He smiled.

You shyly waved and walked into your bedroom, shutting the door behind you.

Wy grinned at you, "Didn't know that you were such a talker." She then realized their mistake, "Oh shoot, you know what I mean."

You nodded and slipped off your shoes.

"Aren't those clothes dirty? And aren't you dirty from wandering around the Ruins?" Wy asked.

You shrugged and decided to shower later tomorrow.

You sat on the bed and made room for Wy to sleep next to you again. She crossed their arms in front of their chest.

"I already told you that ghosts don't need sleep." She argued.

You gave them and 'oh-really' look, remembering last night.

Wy groaned, knowing what you were thinking about, "Fine!" She sighed defeated, crawling onto the bed next to you.

You both laid down and slowly drifted to sleep.

The feeling of knowing that you're safe, fills you with
D E T E R M I N A T I O N !