Chapter 2: The De Luca Family

ROSE'S POV

"Wow you live here," I said awestruck as we drove passed the gates of the estate only to continue on a long private road.

The paved road was lined with Mexican plum trees on both sides and then stopped when we drive over a small bridge that went over a brook that was babbling away.

"Is that a bad thing," Tadeo laughed, "this is actually a smaller plot of land and house than Papa was planning on buying and building."

"Is that so? It's not a bad thing I was just wondering because it seems like such a massive place," I replied, "he designed it himself?"

"The exterior mostly and also some special rooms but besides that it was all Mama. I guess it had to be this big when about 11 people plus all the workers live in it."

"That's quite a lot of people then. Why is it that so many of you live here?"

"Well, my father thinks it's a way of keeping the family close together and united. It's my parents, my two older siblings, my brother in law, my twin nephews, three of my cousins and myself."

"That totally explains the size of it," I replied shocked when we pulled up to the front door and felt as small as a mouse in comparison to the house.

The Spanish architecture that covered the exterior of the home was magnificent and precise. The massive round pillars and high arches that made up the arcaded porch radiated a sense of regal living off go them. The tall wooden doors that led into the home looked so heavy you would think they used an entire tree per door. The big floor to roof windows on both first and second floors gave it a contemporary vibe. Even the clay roof tiles as simple as they sound looked like they were worth more than I could ever afford.

She sat there in awe but finally snapped out of it when Tadeo opened his door to get out of the car.

TADEO'S POV

"Wait here for a minute," I said as I got out of the car, "I have to see if everyone is ready to go to dinner. If not I'll come and get you, okay?"

"Alrighty," Rose replied a bit confused, "I'll call my parents in the mean time to see how they're doing."

I nodded and closed the door to the car. I walked inside the house and received the warmest, most love filled welcomes one could receive after being away for a few days.

"Dove diavolo eri?" (Where the hell were you)

That's all I heard before receiving a hard blow on my arm that sent an electric shot through my entire arm.

"Ow! Nice to see you too Camila," I said as I massaged the spot where the blow landed.

That was for sure going to leave a mark.

For a former model and thirty-one year old woman, my sister Camila still had a very heavy hand