Chapter 1: New Beginnings

ROSE'S POV

It's just a long vacation. Yeah, a really long vacation with an unknown return date and that involves working during your stay.

"Flight 626 to Austin is now boarding. Please have your boarding passes ready."

My attempt to relax my overly anxious self was interrupted by a flight attendant's annoyingly high pitched, almost mouse like, voice announcing that the flight that would make my departure from San Diego to Austin for good official.

Rosangela Mancini is my name and I'm just your average 23 year old girl who was leaving her hometown in search for a change in scenery.

No really I'm serious. I was the typical looking half Italian half Mexican. Long dark brown wavy hair and really dark almost black colored eyes. My parent's always told me I was their little super model and not to brag but I don't blame them.

(Roseangela Mancini, 23)

"Ok Rose time to take off and go on an adventure after all there's nothing, or better said no one, left to miss in San Diego," I thought to myself as I scavenged through my bag for my boarding pass.

My cousin had come up with the brilliant, but also very random, idea to open up a burger joint out in Austin, Texas and he asked me to go co-own the place with him so me being the impulsive human that I am said yes.

My parents had recently returned to Mexico to live with my grandmother from my mother's side of the family and my only other family here in the United States was my sister Vanessa but she had moved out to Orlando,FL with her husband and kids a few years back. So at this point in time I have no reason to stay in San Diego any longer.

"All right passengers, we will now start boarding group B. Please make a single file line," the flight attendants voice over the loud speaker interrupted my thoughts once again.

I really hope she's staying here and not going with us on the plane. She'll be...no I'll dead by the end of the flight. I won't be able to stand listening to her voice for 3 whole hours.

I grabbed my bag and waited in line just like the rest of the people who were on their way to the Lone Star State.

I wonder if I'll meet anyone, you know like a guy.  A love interest if you will. Maybe I might even meet THE one?

"Ma'am your pass please," the attendant said snapping me out of my thoughts with that annoyingly high pitch voice for the third time today.

"Oh I'm sorry about that," I apologized, although I had no real desire to do so.

She rolled her dull eyes and checked my boarding pass and then proceeded to examine me from head to toe as I passed by her after having my pass returned.

"Pretty ass bitch," I heard her say under her breathe as the distance between us began to grow.

"Thanks it's called good genetics," I yelled back at her  before continuing my way towards the plane and out of range of that squeaky voice.