She looked up with a smile and assured me that there was nothing to be scared about. "Hi am Anushka" she introduced herself.

"This is Siddharth, Anirudh, Clair, Sam, and Anita" she introduced her friends. I shook hands with all of them. "Which class are you in?" Anita asked me. "I am in 11 science" I replied. "Great!" said Siddharth. "You are with us then".

We all together headed for our class. The students here were really friendly and helped me a lot. School was quite fun on the first day. I never expected that. But I missed my old friends too.

After school, I had to go for my coaching classes at Career Hub Institute. Fortunately, my new friends were also taking their coaching from the same institute. We took a bus from school as it was just a few miles from here.

Career Hub is a very reputed coaching institute with branches spread all over India to train medical aspirants to crack any medical entrance examination in India.

Our classes got over by 8:30 p.m. "See you guys tomorrow!" Clair spoke with a wave as she hopped in her car, her mother at the driver's seat. We waved her goodbye as she left. Soon after she left, the others left too one by one. In the end, I was the only one left, waiting for my sister outside the premises of the institute. It was really cold and foggy everywhere. Not a single person was around except for the night guard of the institute.

My house could be seen up in the mountains from there, enveloped in fog, giving it an uncanny look. Suddenly a very cold breeze blew past me making me shiver and I heard a very faint whisper of a woman and it felt like she was uttering my name. I was startled. I looked everywhere but couldn't find anyone anywhere. A shiver ran down my spine. I turned my gaze towards my house and I froze in my place. It looked like candlelight coming from the attic and somebody was standing there!

Although it was quite far away, yet amongst the sinister darkness up in the hills, I could spot the faint candlelight and the shadow that moved past it. 

I looked at it again adjusting my spectacles as I was not sure of what I saw, but yes, there was a faint tinge of candlelight coming from the attic

I looked at it again adjusting my spectacles as I was not sure of what I saw, but yes, there was a faint tinge of candlelight coming from the attic. I was pretty much sure a few moments before now there was nothing rather there should not be anybody now at home. Then who was there in our house other than us? Who lit the candle?

I was a bit scared, or rather much confused. Everywhere was dark. I looked at my watch and saw it was 9:00 p.m. Where is sis? I thought.

All of a sudden, I heard sis calling me. As I tried to look in-between the fog, I spotted our car.

 As I tried to look in-between the fog, I spotted our car

"I am really sorry Ann" she apologized. "Hey, you don't have to tell me sorry. It's all right" I replied, my voice still recovering from the sudden revelation. She smiled and I got into our car. I looked up from the window of the car to see our house; to my surprise, the faint tinge of the candlelight was gone. It felt a bit creepy. Am I seeing things? I asked myself. Shrugging off the thought I put on my seatbelts and we drove off.

We continued our drive, taking a turn from the market area we ascended through the stilled woods. It was so dark and foggy everywhere. Our car headlights were the only lights present.

This place was beautiful but a bit creepy

This place was beautiful but a bit creepy. I had a long day and was feeling so tired, so I plugged my earplugs in and was about to doze off when suddenly sis pulled the brakes. "What happened?" I shouted.

Hi everyone. This is my first attempt to write a story. Hope you will enjoy it.
Please excuse my mistakes and feel free to mention them in the comments. Please do vote and comment.

-Anusree