Chapter 44- Capital City

Zacznij od początku

"Then again, maybe fighting with him might not be that bad." She murmured and Moon smiled a little. The rest of the clips rolled on, until it ended and Frea sighed.

"Looks like Fairy Tail isn't doing very well so far." Moon murmured and Frea nodded. "All the opposing teams are strong, and RavenTail seems a little... Off."

"They do." Frea muttered. She was especially bothered by the battle between Lucy and Flare. Urano Metria shouldn't have failed, but she did manage to catch a glimpse of a small creature come into the battle, just before Lucy was about to beat Flare. That's when her spell failed.

Frea glanced sideways, there was definitely something off. The entire city sort of felt a little odd, and the fact that she had seen Ivan of all people, who was RavenTail's master, made her wary. She had never liked Ivan when he had been in the guild, and she wasn't about to start liking him now.

Moon noticed Frea's sudden wary behavior and quirked an eyebrow. "Do you think they're up to something?" Moon asked and Frea nodded.

"I do." Frea answered shortly as looked at the Lacrima as it began to play today's events as she headed toward the arena.

"Today is the third day of our annual Grand Magic Games! Today our new judge will be Lahar from the Magic Council." Frea blinked in surprise. Lahar was here? "We will be expecting fierce battles today, and hope that this day will be even better than the last." The voice floated through and Frea listened closely. "Now I know this has been a popular question all over Fiore, and seeing as how we have a member of the magic Council here today I might as well as. Lahar, does the Magic Council have any idea what caused the Magical Phenomenon two nights ago? Everyone was astounded by its massive size."

Frea felt her self stiffen slightly and sweatdrop, they were still talking about that?

"All I can say is the magic Council is conducting an ongoing investigation to find out what caused such power to appear all over Fiore. But we do not believe it is a threat to anyone in it, everyone can relax knowing we have the situation under control." Lahar's voice reached her ears and Frea let out a silent sigh.

Moon looked between Frea and the Lacrima, she didn't know why, but Frea always seemed a little nervous when the massive power passing over Fiore was brought up.

"The opening competition for today will be Pandemonium! Each competition will draw a straw to determine who goes first." Frea's eyes widened as a huge building came down from a Magic Circle floating over the Arena. "Pandemonium is filled with 100 monsters. Each contestants will declare their right to challenge a certain number of monsters to earn points. Each monster is ranked by class, and there are a certain number of monsters to every class."

"We will take turns until everyone is out of Magic Power, or all of the monsters have been defeated."

"Sounds like fun." Frea smirked and Moon shook her head at the Energy Dragon Slayer.

All the contestants stepped forward and drew straws, Frea narrowed her eyes as Erza drew number one.

"Step forward and call out the number of monsters you wish to face." The mascot, who was dressed up to look what Frea thought was a pumpkin, called out and Erza stepped forward. For a minute the red-head just looked Pandemonium over before smiling.

"I challenge all one hundred."

Moon's eyes stretched wide as Frea smiled even more. The GMG pumpkin man was staring at Erza, he didn't know what to do. Frea didn't blame him, what other Mage in their right mind would challenge all monster at once?

Only Erza.

Though Frea had to admit, fighting all 100 monsters seems to be a bit entertaining to her at the moment. She suddenly felt a little jealous, she would love to fight in a battle like that. It was much more appealing than the recent fights against mindless idiots and Dark Guild bastards she had been in recently.

"Is she serious?" Moon murmured and Frea glance the Exceed's way.

"Oh she's serious." Frea chuckled. "This is Erza, the more time you spend around the Guild, the more you'll get to know everyone of my Family Members." Frea explained as she turned down a street that lead up to where they could see the Arena in the distance.

She tilted her was slightly when she ears footsteps thumping rapidly on the ground as someone ran. The footsteps grew louder and her eyes narrowed a little, Erza had started her battle but the running getting closer to her made her slow down a little and become alert.

"Do you hear that?" Moon asked as her head tilted a little and the Exceed glanced over her shoulder.

"Yeah... And I don't exactly like the scent or Energy Signature coming with it."