Chapter 6

"Well that explains the whole, a thousand lifetimes thing but when did you work at the core, and how do you know that weird hand language, and what is up with you and secrets?!?" Undyne exclaimed, I just smiled at her.

"Well, I worked at the core after taking an apprenticeship with Gaster, as hard as it is to accept we were never born, Paps, we were created as a science experiment." I said, Papyrus looked completely stunned.

"That's why Gaster accidentally called me by my label, 'Subject One S', you were 'Subject Two P' since you were created after me. However I had a rare birth defect that made it so only one of my eyes can glow, the other just disappears and I had such low HP. Gaster here thought I wouldn't survive my first week let alone... How old am I technically, let see, around 3,000 repeats so far, each repeat lasts around 12 days and I was around 19 when the anomaly started so I would say I'm around 119 maybe." Everyone seemed startled by this, I knew I didn't look a day older than 20 but the scar on my chest noted otherwise as I stroked a bony finger over it causing the smallest amount of pain from the sensitive bones that would never completely heal, or maybe it was because he was able to do that math so fast, either way I continued.

"Paps, you were the stronger one by far so Gaster put most of his effort into training you, but you really didn't want to learn anything. Sure you could summon some attacks but nothing more, I on the other hand, when he tried to take you out so that you could practice my eye flared up and I guarded you with my life. After that he payed a bit more attention to me. Teaching me some things but at first he thought I was just weak, but soon he figured out that I had a very enhanced mind and body, even if I couldn't take much I could dish out a whole lot and some. A few years later I was offered and internship with him and of course I agreed, who wouldn't? So that's how I started working at the core." I finished for then, everyone seemed so engrossed in my tale so I continued, thinking about how if this didn't work I would have to explain again until it did.

"To your second question, I know the 'weird hand language' because when I was working at the core I had to learn how to communicate with him without writing things down constantly. He was the chief scientist a few of his closest followers also knew it but it's been so long I'm surprised I even remember it. I guess being taught at such a young age helped, but anyways the only reason I can remember bits and pieces from each reset is because of me being close to the anomaly when it took place but not allowing myself to fall into it-" I was cut off by the angry beeping of my invention on my wrist, I quickly went over to the computer on the bubble and typed the last few lines of code before looking over at Gaster, he checked it over and nodded to me so I pressed enter and yelled out to everyone as the ten second countdown started.

"EVERYONE, GRAB AHOLD OF ONE OF THE BARS, NOW!" I yelled, they didn't seem to question and ran over to one of the two rails as the countdown reached zero and everyone was lifted off the ground before being thumped back down to the floor, I felt my skull hit the floor and my vision was hazy, I tried to get up only to fall down again. I murmured my last word, "Papyrus." Before everything went dark.

"W-Where am I?" I asked to a response of no one and I didn't know if I expected a response, everything was so dark I could barely see. I saw my brother and felt drawn towards him, I walked over to my brother and he was holding hands with the human and in the other hand of the human they were holding a familiar knife, I walked over to my brother but he payed no attention to me.

"Paps?" I asked, no response. He looked at the human and they nodded before he turned to me, he looked down at me with a facial expression I couldn't place, he looked disappointed in me and I felt my soul crack a little.

"I am disappointed in you, I can't count on you for anything can I?" He asked, I felt tears well up in my eyes, no.

"Oh well, I guess I shouldn't expect SOMETHING from NOTHING." He said, his innocent and confident optimism was gone, the tears threatened to spill over.

"Oh, is the little baby crying? I thought you were supposed to be the older brother, but you can't do anything right!" He said, the big bright red numbers on the familiar clock ticking down the seconds until it would happen but I couldn't even move.

"No..." I said as it ticked to closer and closer to zero but it seemed that the clock slowed, but he was right, I couldn't even save my own brother.

"No what? No you can't. Just give up already, you're worthless and no matter what happens you and your beloved brother will die." The kid said, the tears dripped down my face as my eye became brighter and brighter.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled, throwing bones at them both but they just eluded them with ease.

"Is that all you got? I was right, I have to protect you, you really are the WEAKEST LINK." Papyrus said, looking towards the kid who slashed his head off, his scarf was all that was left as his dust was blown away.

"NOOO, PAPYRUS!" I yelled, running over to the scarf and desperately trying to save him even though it was in vain, he was already dust in the wind.

"You wanna have a bad time?" I asked, the far to familiar dragons heads appearing around me, the four of them circled the kid but they eluded my attacks so easily. I threw bones at them, but they eluded them too, I was so tired. The kid walked up to me, my blasters faded into nothing as the kid grinned that sickeningly wide smile and held their knife tightly.

"Yeah, I do." The kid said, slashing me across the chest in the same pattern as they always did. From the left down towards the right, a straight and painful slice that made me bleed once again. I held my bony hand across my wound and muttered.

"No..." I muttered, I had almost no HP left, it was a wonder I was still alive as I stood up to face that demon.

"No? You think just because you lived though one round means you're oh so powerful? Think again you freak, you're not a hero and even if you could be you'd be to weak to even pose a threat to me." The kid said, I stood up and clutched my wound which was dripping with the same fluid it always did, my blood. I tried to stand up but I just fell down again, the kid laughed.

"Oh, you need some help little one? I can see you're in a lot of PAIN!" The demon child said, stabbing me with their knife again but it didn't bring down my HP at all, the kid looked shocked and tried to stab me again but it didn't work, I barely even felt it.

"I said... NO!" I yelled, a new kind of magic coming from my finger tips, it was like arrows but worse. They targeted the kid and fired, lowering their HP dramatically.

"You forgot one thing kid." I paused, shooting the arrows out again and they hit the kid again.

"You're not impenetrable." I said, the kid's HP was at a mere one point now, they looked like they had given up and were ready to die. I had the options that normally belonged to the player now.

| Fight | | Act | | Item | | Mercy |

I read it, did I dare to chose? I did. I held out my hand and softly tapped the | Mercy | Button, the kid seemed so angered by this and tried to hurt me but they couldn't.

"You may kill others, but that doesn't mean I'm going to raise my LOVE on you, so as I said, no." I said, The world around me seemed to fade into a dark black, I thought I would be scared but I wasn't, I felt calm.