Chapter Five

My palms were sweating and my wand was starting to slip from my hand as my vision blurred slightly. I felt as if the lights were burning brighter and the walls were closing in on me. I couldn't do it ...

I slammed my wand down on the table and jumped out of my seat in exasperation. 

"Proffesor may I be excused to the washroom?" (A/N I don't know if that's how them say bathroom in London or if they say loo but that's how it's said in Canada soo ...) I asked without bothering to raise my hand.

She looked up at me with alarm at my sudden outburst.

"Uh ... yes, you may." she said.

"Are you alright?" Hermione whispered, leaning across the desk with a concerned look on her face.

"Smashing." I replied, turning around and walking out of the class room. 

I pushed open the bathroom door and went straight for the sink. 

Turning the tap on, I cupped my hands under the running water and splashed some of it onto my face. I was only fooling myself, thinking I could go to a school like this and use magic. I would never be able to cast spells like Hermione or fly on a broomstick like Ron. I would never be nearly as brave as Harry. I would never be safe.

I was dangerous to all those around me. Honestly, I'd be better off dead.