Epilogue

A.N- Congratulations for reading this far hahaha. THANK YOU SO MUCH.  :)

If you liked this story then check out my other one also set in the 1700s 'Lady Rachel'

    "And-" the pretty blonde woman said with a sugar coated smile, "-that concludes our tour of Versailles and talk about the penultimate Queen of France. Any questions?"

    I glanced about excitedly, it had been so avidly interesting to walk through the rooms being told what would have happened in them and the story of the second to last Queen's life. Some of my classmates raised their hands. "What happened to her husband after she died?"

    "Good question," the woman beamed, "at the very start it was rumoured that the King had something to do with Queen Rosanna's death but he went into such deep mourning that we don't think he ever really came out of so it was blatant it was all just a tragedy. He never remarried which was a surprise as we would have assumed he would marry his mistress. He still kept the Duchess de Lyon as his mistress but from what we gathered from diaries it was only for um, how you would say physical relief. Apparently every year for the remainder of his life on Rosanna's Birthday he would lock himself in their room for the entire day. He would speak to no one."

    "What about the Queen's reputation, Miss?"

    "Ah," she laughed, "it's a bit like a Van Gough kind of story. She was only ever appreciated for her dedication and hard work after she'd died. I suppose that when she was out of the picture people could see her actions with more-uh clarity. Eventually the gossips died away and her respect was somewhat restored. Not after suffering much while she was alive though!"

    "Did her baby live?"

    "The one that she had where she died in childbirth?" The woman smiled, "I am afraid not. Both mother and child did not make it through, by all accounts the princesses named the baby Princess Annabelle. Rather touching I thought."

    "You know when she was getting lots of guards around her and being afraid to walk about alone? Did she go crazy then?" Some boy from my class was sniggering.

    "No," the woman was pleasant, "from reading her letters sent to and from her sister Josepha we have gathered that she suffered from anxiety. She wasn't crazy at all."

    "How much longer did the King live?"

    "The King lived another twelve years and coincidently it was within the same week of Anna's death anniversary that he died...No more hands? Is that it?" She smiled. "Alright, I'll lead you all out to the palace grounds so you can wander through the beautiful gardens. If you'd like to follow me."

    I found my small group of friends and we chattered away as we were led in the midst of our class out of the room. The Hall of Mirrors they called it. Spectacular in its beauty. "I thought she'd die from found guilty of treason." I whispered to Katie.

    "Yeah," she nodded back, "me too."

    "Tough life wasn't it?"

    "Totally." She pulled out a pack of bubblegum from her pocket as we got to the steps. "Want some?"

    "Don't mind if I do." I grinned.