86~Sleep? What?

Mackenzie's POV

"Oh don't look at me like that with your big brown eyes." I say and hold Alexis and walk back and forth. "Who are you to judge? Your four days old." I say and bounce her up and down.

"What are you doing?" Brooklyn's voice comes from the doorway. I turn around and look at her holding one of the twins carseats and a bag. "Nothing." I say and sit on the bed, "Where's Troian?" She asks, "In the NICU sleeping. Where's Max?" I ask, "Getting Troian." He says and walks in the room with Troian. "Hey baby girl. Hi babe." I say and kiss Max's lips. "Alright, are you guys ready to go home?" Brooklyn asks, "Yup." I say and set Alexis on the bed and take her out of the blanket leaving her in her onesie and put her in her carseat. I clip her in and take the car seat.

"Alright your signed out lets go home." Brooklyn says and Max takes Troian's car seat and we walk out of the hospital room and down the hallway.

-Skipping Car Ride-

We walk down the hallway and Max opens the door to the flat. "Have fun, I am down the hall if you need me." Brooklyn says and walks down the hallway. I set the carseat down and take Alexis out and walk towards the nursery. "What d-" I cut Max off, "Shh!" I say and motion to the sleeping Alexis in my arms. I walk into the nursery and over to the cribs. I lay Alexis down in the crib with her name above it and cover her with a pink blanket.

Max comes in and lays Troian down in her crib and I slowly back out of the room. Max follows me and I set the baby monitor on the dresser and shut the door. "Finally! They are both asleep at the same time!" I whisper and silently high five Max. He wraps his arms around me and we fall onto the sectional. I hand Max the other baby monitor. "I love you, and wake me if either of them wake up." I say and close my eyes. "Love you too." He says, I smile and try to fall asleep.

"Kenzie, they are awake." Max says, "It was two seconds." I say, "It was two hours." Max says, I groan and stand up. I walk into the nursery and over to Troian. "What's wrong baby girl?" I ask and pick her up. I bounce her back and forth and walk over to the cubby and grab a purple swaddle blanket I walk into the living room. I throw the blanket at Max and he lays it on the couch. I set Troian down and wrap it around Troian and hold her in my arms and sit on the couch. She stops crying and I hand her to Max. "Give me twenty minutes." I say and Max holds her. "Fine." He says, I kiss his cheek and walk into the master bedroom and lay on the bed.

-20 Minutes Later-

"Alright Troian's back in her crib and your on baby duty." Max says and crawls in the bed next to me. "Both of them are asleep?" I ask, "Yeah." He says, "Yay!" I say quietly and fall back asleep.

I hear a crying coming from the baby monitor and groan. "Your turn." Max mumbles into the pillow. Have you ever wanted something so bad and then you finally get it and you love it for a long time but then you just get to tired to keep your eyes open that you almost don't care. Yeah. I am tired.

I get up and walk into the nursery and over to Alexis. I check the time and see that I need to feed her. I take her out of the crib and grab her swaddle blanket and wrap her in it and hold her in my arms and walk into the kitchen. I make her bottle and warm it up, "Shh.." I say and bounce her up and down.

I put the bottle in her mouth and she quiets down and starts eating. There is a quiet knock on the door and I walk over to it. I open the door and Max's Mum and Sisters walk in. "Hi." I say and walk over to the master bedroom. "Max get up." I say, "He rubs his eyes and stands up. "Your mum and sisters are here." I say and continue feeding Alexis. Crying comes from the baby monitor signaling that Troian is up. "I got here." Max says and walks into the nursery.

I walk out into the living room and sit on the couch. "Which one is this?" Kalyn asks, "This is Alexis." I say and she finishes eating. "Do you want to hold her?" I ask, she nods and I hand Alexis to her and get up and walk into the nursery and see Max shushing Troian. "I got her, you go talk to your mum." I say and take Troian from her. "Okay." He says and kisses my cheek, "Do you need to eat too?" I ask if she could understand me.