Chapter Two - A Wake Up Call

I've been told many versions of the next events I'm a bout to tell you about. Fortunately I had the opportunity to speak to my grandma and find out what actually happened.

One day, my grandma came to see me. Now, my grandma plays a very important role in this story and we've become closer ever since.
She was at my bedside and my auntie has told me that she was talking to me about my bogies or something. Apparently she said
"You've got lots of bogeys in your nose, Oliver. We're going to put all of your bogeys in a jar and we're going to count them." So you might be thinking that my grandma is absolutely mad, which wouldn't be too far off from the truth, but what she did certainly worked.
So I've been told that she carries on talking to me about my bogeys and all kinds of nonsense until she says,
"Right I have to go now, but I'm going to come back tomorrow and you're going to do something more for me, okay?" So apparently I nodded my head and my grandma left.
Now, I can't recall any of this happening at all. But, what my grandma did was definitely amazing.

So, she comes back the next day and tells me,
"It's grandma Oliver, you said that you were going to do something more for me today." Apparently at those magic words, I opened my eyes to a world that I'd been blind to for so long.
When I first woke from my coma, I had severe short term memory loss so I don't remember much from those times.
However, the memories that I can remember are all memories that have extremely strong emotions attached to them. Whether there's any science behind that, I don't know, but it's something to ponder.
It wasn't until just after another week, a group of my closest friends came to visit me. All the way from Stafford, up to Liverpool. I've lost a lot of people along this journey and only have a few friends from prior to my hospital journey. I'll talk more about how my relationships changed, later on.