Chapter 3

People see us and assume we are stupid idiots for dressing how we dress, for repin' what we rep, and banging for what we bang.

Though they don't know the true story behind the rag, the symbols, the familia.

Nobody chooses the life they live, you're either rich or your poor and in this case were known as the poor.

But they got it all wrong.

You see, most of the rich are white princesses, who get what they want without lifting a finger.

As for a aztec princess, who works for her place and dies for her people.

That's the difference between la chingona and me.

Back in the day when we was all just kicking it at the spot, Chango was talking about bringing his dream girl and introducing us to his future wife.

We all laughed at my brother cause he was never serious with any girl but some seem different when he talked about her for a reason though I didn't question it.

He would make calls from the telephone across the street, sometimes not even kick it with us at the spot.

I wanted to ask but it was nun of my business...

Until One Day,

"Monica." Smokey called.

I turned around from Bubbles and Mozzy, seeing that Jose (a.k.a Smokey) was looking for me.

"Foo I told you not to use my real name." I smirked.

"Later girl."

"See ya later chula."

The girls said their goodbyes and left the spot, as they already knew the deal between Smokey and me.

"Don't foo me, I call you Monica if I want." He grew closer.

"And I'm the only one that does."

I stood against the wall as his hands held my arms, growing closer to my face, giving me the goosebumps that made him smirk.

"Let go 'Foo'." I grinned.

His hands gripped tighter and brought his lower body half to mine, I knew he was mad cause I said it but was hard cause of why I said it.

"Stubborn ass."

"I love you too." I chuckled.

His face changed in a quick second and those plumped luscious lips of his, were on mine.

"I lov..."

We turned when we heard the whistle, not knowing who blew it though.

Jose pushed me behind him and had one hand on his gun ready if anything was gonna go down, as he neared over to the corner.

"Smokey!"

My brother, Chango.

"Dam homie you got me paranoid thinking something was gonna go down real quick."

Chango chuckled, "Na I wouldn't let anything happen to you homie and especially not my sister."

He gave me a quick headlock and nudge messing up my hair, but a quick elbow to his side got his ass off me.

"Anyways why is it just you two alone." He asked, curiously.

I looked at Smokey and he looked at me, not excuse popping up and a wandering mind went off.

You see my brother thinks I'm a angel with a thuggish heart that won't love anyone because I'm too innocent in his eyes, but yet heartless because I don't take shit from anyone.

So basically he don't know the deal between Jose and me but he will, later on.

"Well?" He asked.

"I-" Smokey opened his mouth.

"Charlie." But a bitch closed it.

I looked at a bleached blonde, guerita dressed in well a dress and heels, making her perky ass way towards my carnal.

"Who the fuck is that?" I said.

Chango just looked at me and back at the bitch, walking away towards her, just to get a fucking hug.

"Oh hell no."

Getting ready to charge towards her, Smokey pulls me back and holds me hard so I wouldn't go.

"Let me go."

"No mija." He whispered.

"Baby please let me go before I hurt you." I gritted my teeth.

"No."

"Okay."

Before he knew it, I elbowed him and ran across the street, towards Chango and Barbie who was taking off her round glasses.

When her blue eyes showed, I knew who that bitch was.

"Aye bitch, you the one that's been messing around with my carnal. Fucking Chango, you really messing with this puta that's been starting shit with me at school!"

"Hi Monica." She smiled.

...

"Monica let go!"

Smokey pulled but I pulled harder, making that bitch scream as my brother helped her instead of me.

You see what had happen was that I knew Rosie from school, she was the rich white girl from upstate who thinks that she's the big shit hence the name "La Chingona."

She don't like me, I don't like her, which lead to me beating her ass on 18th street and god damn it felt good.

"Take her home." Chango ordered.

Smokey finally got me off and took me home walking.

"Monica!"

"Leave me alone."

"Baby please listen."

"No."

See when I say it, he listens but when he says it, I don't.