Chapter 2

"Come on foo, pass it." Conejo said.

Dreamer sucked in his last take of the blunt and passed it over to Conejo, who took long whiffs of the relaxation.

It was 1994, Wednesday afternoon, Conejo, Dreamer, and I were kicking it on the side of Tijuana's Restaurant, as we chilled and waited for the others to come.

Conejo passed the blunt over to me but I refused, I wasn't a big smoker at that time.

He shrugged and took a whiff, as I continued to observe around as I leaned against the cold 18th street wall.

"Aye foos post up so I can get a foto, Smiley need one still." Dreamer said.

We posted up, Conejo putting up his arms to show our gangs symbols with his blunt still in his mouth. As I crossed my arms, one finger up on my left and three fingers up on my right.

Dreamer took the pictures on his disposable camera, right before Chango, Payaso, and the rest of the group came into the area.

I gulped.

"Ready Smiley." Chango said.

I nodded and stood in the middle of the rucas; Doll, Whispers, Bubbles, and Mozzy.

Before I knew it, Mozzy took the first shot by punching me square in the face as the girls joined along with kicking my ass for thirteen seconds.

Leaving me a black eye, cut lip, bruised up ribs and a scar on my cheek bone.

As they finished, I stood weak, almost falling to my death before Smokey came to my side and caught me.

"You did it." He whispered, smiling.

I smiled and hugged all of them one by one, tiredly. Taking my mug picture after, infront of the 18th street wall and drawing my symbol.

"Smiley."

I'm in.

Comment/Like.