Part Seven

Once the got to to shops downtown, Alex stood at a directory, looking puzzled.
"Dude, it's not that hard to figure out," Tobin said, laughing, bearing one of those irresistible smiles she was best known for.
There was a large red arrow that said "you are here" and Tobin took Alex's pointer finger and placed it on the arrow.
"This is you," Tobin said playfully," and these are all of the shops." She pointed to all of the different shops there were. "Get it?" Tobin said.
"Yes, babe, I get it," Alex smiled.
"Thank god, we can finally get to the damn shops."
They walked down to American Eagle Outfitters, where Alex bought a (rather expensive) pair of ripped jeans and a lace crop top. Tobin decided to get a pair of white shorts and a black tee.
A few hours later when they were done shopping, they went to Chick-Fil-A. They both got a spicy chicken sandwich and iced coffee. They sat down with their trays and Tobin tried not to converse about Alex's going to Orlando, but she wasn't that lucky.
"Tobin, I really, really wish I could stay here with you," Alex said sadly, her smile parting and a frown forming.
"I'd love that, too, but I support whatever decision you make, and I hope all goes well in Orlando, and if anything goes wrong, I'll tell Paul and he'll understand. He'll let me fly out to see you," Tobin replied.
Soon, they were done eating, and they went out to the car.
"Where are we going next?" Alex asked.
"It's a surprise," Tobin said.
After about twenty-five minutes in the car, before Alex could get out, Tobin ran around the car to Alex's door, opened it, and covered her eyes. She led her up a flight of stairs and through a door.
"It feels kind of moist, and I smell salt," Alex said, clueless as to where they were.
"Dammit, you're too smart," Tobin said.
Tobin uncovered Alex's eyes, which, when fully adjusted, saw a beautiful room with dozens of tables, and an all-you-can-eat buffet, including soups, salads, steaks, and at least 10 different types of drinks to choose from.
Tobin took Alex's purse, found a table, and met her at the buffet. Tobin took one of everything and a bottle of Dr. Pepper. Alex took a steak, a few scoops of salad, and a glass of wine. Their table happened to be near the window of the boat, so they had a nice view of the seashore around Portland, and the beautiful Pacific ocean. Then Alex's phone vibrated and she pulled out her phone. Her jaw dropped and she covered her mouth.