Part One

It's 2:00 AM in Portland, Oregon, and Tobin is lying awake in bed next to a sleeping Alex. She's fidgety, causing Alex to stir, and finally wake up.
        "What's wrong, Tobs?" Alex asked, rubbing her eyes and sitting up.
        "I can't even imagine how I'm supposed to live life with you across the country in Florida,"
Tobin sighed, tears forming in her eyes.
        "C'mon Tobin, it won't be that bad. We'll still see eachother when it's time for international games," Alex said, moving over and resting her head on Tobin's shoulder.
        "Alex, you're the only reason I'm still here! I got an offer from Chicago a few days ago and I declined it because I wanted to be with you. Christen is a good friend of mine and I could be with her, but I decided to stay here because you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I want to be with you for as long as I can."
        "Tobin, I love you too, and I honestly don't know why I decided to go to Orlando. But unfortunately, I've already signed a 2-year contract, so I have to go, but I'll try to sign with Portland again when the contract expires. I leave in two weeks. What do you say we make these last two weeks together for a while the best two weeks we've ever had?"
        "I'm in," Tobin said, and got up and headed for the door to the hallway.
        "Tobin, it's not even 3 AM, where are you going?"
        "Relax, Alex, I'm going to get a glass of water."
        Alex jumped up and caught up with Tobin. "Race you downstairs," she said, and they both giggled.