Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

I'd seen what he did to his own henchman. He was going to rip my throat open too, but I wasn't going to give him a chance. I put the gun up against my throat just as Giorgos went to bite down. He snarled, reeling back and holding his mouth in pain after having bit down on the gun. I smirked and fired the gun at him, catching him right in the chest. He gasped, stumbling back for a moment to clutch his chest. I fired again, but he managed to dodge this time.

He ran at me and caught me around the waist before I could react, though. I grunted as he threw me down on the floor. The gun skittered across the cement floor and flew toward the busted window with the tarp flying over it. I cursed and tried to shove Giorgos off me, but he grabbed me by the head and slammed it hard into the cement. A gasp left my lips as my vision twirled for a moment. Giorgos started to get off me to go for the gun, but I caught him by the neck and twisted us around so I had him in a headlock, squeezing as tight as I could. I started to twist his head with the intention of breaking his neck, but he brought his head back into my nose, effectively breaking it.

"Fuck no." I snarled as he went for the gun again. I got on his back before he could get up and bashed his head into the cement twice, a third time for extra measure. He was still for a split second before he caught me off guard and whirled around, throwing me across the room in the direction of the gun. I rolled and almost fell out the window, but managed to catch myself on the tarp. I snatched up the gun and went to whirl around and shoot Giorgos, but he shoved me with the intention of knocking me out the window. I cursed and caught a good grip on the tarp, swinging out for a second.

The floor left my feet and for a split second, I almost expected the tarp to rip and to fall to the ground where I would definitely break several bones that I would need if I wanted to kill this guy.

And then the tarp swung back and I was on the cement again. I caught Giorgos around the torso and threw him to the ground, struggling to shove the gun into his mouth so I could blow his brains out. He snarled at me, snapping his teeth at me angrily, eyes flashing red again. I snapped my fangs back at him, snarling threateningly in return.

"You're going to get yourself killed fighting me." He sneered, then shoved me away and rolled across the floor to get away from me. I shot to my feet and fired the gun at him, listening to the bullet ping off something as Giorgos dodged.

"Same to you." I returned. Giorgos narrowed his eyes.

"I'm giving you one last chance to leave."

"I'd say bite me, but I don't want rabies." I fired the gun again and Giorgos barely dodged, rolling across the floor and shooting to his feet again. I cursed, trying to fire again, but the gun was out of bullets. I threw it out the window to avoid another fight over it, then turned to Giorgos, who was stalking toward me. I backed up, clenching my fists and readying for another brawl when out of nowhere, Julian tackled him to the ground. My eyes widened in shock as Giorgos hit the ground with a grunt and rolled onto his back as Julian slugged him hard in the jaw.

"Get away from him, you bastard!" Julian snarled. Giorgos bared his fangs and went to grab Julian around the throat, but Julian leaned away and jammed his arm up into Giorgos' throat. Giorgos choked, then snarled and reached up to grab his arms in order to break them-- but Kipp suddenly came out of nowhere and caught him by the arms. A look of surprise came across Giorgos' face at having a human join us in the attack before he snarled in rage and went to bite at Kipp, but Kipp shocked me when he rammed his elbow into Giorgos' nose. Giorgos sputtered blood and a tooth, shock crossing his face as he looked up at Kipp, who glared down at him.

"You're fucking with the wrong kingdom, bitch." He stated, making Julian smirk before he glanced at me, worry etched into those pretty blue eyes of his.