Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Seth)

All of this was fucking ridiculous.

Part of me wondered what I was even doing here. I could be at Harvard right now or Stanford, or hell, even State! I could be living in a dorm room paid by the state for being such a model student or I could stay home and live with the folks. I could be sitting at home on a nice fluffy bed with my books or playing my guitar or ripping computers apart and putting them back together for shits and giggles.

Instead, I was in the lair of the beast.

Well, one of them.

Vladimir Van Gothica.

As if finding out Julian was a vampire wasn't hard enough, I had to accept the fact that there was an entire society of them and don't get me wrong, I know not all of them were bad, but Vladimir was one of the bad guys. No matter how much he smiled or the fact that he married Alexander, the saint of all saints, didn't make him a good guy. The way he looked at people and the aura he set off instantly made me dislike him to the core. He could be the next Jesus and I would still hate him.

It didn't help that Alexander wasn't exactly standing up to him, and why would he? He blamed Daimonas for all our problems, and while I honestly agreed with him, that didn't mean I was gonna kill the thing. Daimonas wasn't that bad. And he didn't know he was ruining everyone else's lives, he was just trying to live his own. Although, calling him weird would be an understatement. I'd see furry sandwiches under Kipp's bed that weren't as weird as Daimonas.

Daimonas looked like a teenager, maybe about our age if not a year or so older, but he acted like a kid in this world and he didn't really listen to anyone when we tried to tell him to shut up. He reminded me of my little cousins, and they were obnoxious enough as it was. At least Daimonas knew better than to climb on me, otherwise, I'd get pissed.

What else was going wrong?

Oh yeah. Our super bad ass teacher was currently out of commission, so we were pretty much on our own until he decided to jump back in. And judging from the wounds, he wasn't gonna be in the full swing of things for another week or so, maybe even a month, considering how deep the wounds were.

He was incredibly secretive and hardly told us anything. We could only call him at certain times, and meet him in certain places. I highly doubted Hunter was his real name. We didn't even know his surname. The guy lived in his car and dressed like a biker, smelled like smoke and alchol, but never did either of those, in front of us anyway.

And then we find out he has a younger brother?

How could I possibly let myself get tangled up in all of this? And to top it all off, we were hunting and being hunted by the most dangerous terrorists organization in the world called Zephyra. Some insane suicide mission to kill six generals, then the head hancho, and hope they don't have a back up plan. I mean, if they didn't replace Wulf, they couldn't possibly replace the other six AND Giorgos.

But life didn't go as planned, so what the hell did I know?

Of course, this all boiled down to that moment. The one where we all split off to our different rooms and Adam just happened to stick me in the same room as Kipp.

Don't get me wrong, Kipp had been my friend since kindergarten, just like Adam.

Adam and I were both latchkey kids that stayed home alone all day, so we always met up and went to Kipp's house and his mom would bake us cookies or rent movies for us to watch. She's also the one that suggested we start a band when I told them I was learning how to play the guitar as an extracurricular activity for school to look good on my college applications.