Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine (Adam)

I could still hear Vladimir's voice in the back of my head telling me not to go after Giorgos.

It was such a bad idea. He was a pureblood. He was stronger. He was faster and older, more experienced. He'd managed to outsmart even Vladimir for the past several years and he'd taken over a terrorist organization in a matter of weeks. Even his own son was intimidated by him.

But the bastard had stepped into my territory now.

He tormented the love of my life and destroyed his family. He hunted them down like they were animals and he tore them apart. He killed the only woman I could call my mother. He wanted to experiment on creatures that only wanted to be left in peace. He forced me to lose my humanity and into a life of immortality and blood drinking.

There was no way in hell I was going to let this bastard get away with any of that.

I moved down the hallway as fast as I could, focusing on the sound of Giorgos' heart beat. It was a steady beat that only sped up when he moved. I could smell his blood in the air from where I'd managed to shoot him in the arm. He'd done something to wrap up his wound, though, and there were no blood spatters on the carpet to lead me to him. I could only rely on the supernatural instincts Julian's father had given me to find him, and maybe a little bit of my own.

I paused near a corner, listening to the sound of footsteps thudding heavily in my direction. I narrowed my eyes and held the gun tight in my hands as I watched a Zephyra member run past me. I held my breath and went silent as he continued on his way. He looked to be too much in a panic to care about me now. He was trying to find a way to escape...

Escape what?

I wrinkled my nose as I sniffed the air, the smell of blood growing stronger, but it wasn't just Giorgos' blood this time. I could smell the blood thickening in the air like pollution. I swung around into the next hallway, pausing at the sight of the darkness that hung at the end of the hallway, only a small sliver of light coming from a room down the hall.

I didn't hesitate and started down the hallway, holding the gun tight in my fist, finger hovering over the trigger as I drew nearer and nearer to the source of the blood. I slowed as I came in front of the room to peer inside and see a tarp over a window flapping in the wind, allowing sunlight to pour in across the room where Giorgos had pinned down one of his own men. I watched in disgust as Giorgos ripped the guy's throat open, no matter how much the guy squirmed and whimpered to escape him.

Giorgos fed on him heavily, practially bathing in the guy's blood. The guy wriggled for a little while longer before he finally gave up the fight and went limp in Giorgos' lap as Giorgos drank heavily from his throat. I narrowed my eyes and held up the gun, aiming it at Giorgos' head. Giorgos instantly looked up, making me wince at the sight of his red eyes glowing in the dimness of the room, reflecting the sunlight to make them look even redder. He bared his fangs and dropped his meal, rising to his feet slowly as he wiped his lips gently with the sleeve of his jacket.

"I didn't think you'd actually be stupid enough to run after me." He admitted, taking his time as he walked around the room. He was playing with me. The way he circled the room reminded me of a cat waiting to pounce, but he wasn't dealing with mouse here. I was a dog and I felt rabid with rage, but I managed to keep myself composed as I glared at him, gun following him the entire time.

"I wasn't running after you," I replied dryly, "You were running from me." Giorgos laughed at that, shoving his hands into the pockets of his trench coat, cocking his head at me.

"And why would I run from you? A petty halfblood. A Grey, no less. Did you know that? Now that you're part of the Grey Clan, you're nothing, but a doll to be put on display." He told me calmly, pausing to face me. I smirked at that.