Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the compliment, but trust me. I'm not a China Doll. I'm Chucky and I'm about to rip you to pieces." I answered dangerously, then fired the gun at him, but he dodged out of the way with a graceful spin before he came to face me again, closer this time. I kept the gun on him as he studied me, obviously impressed.

"Hm, what I wouldn't give to have a son like you," He commented, making me twitch in disgust at the thought, "Ollie's useless to me. He's more of a doll than you are. He just lays there and stares at nothing all day. He might as well be dead... And Orion? Please." He paused to curl his lip at the thought.

"He actually didn't want to come here today. He prefers his petty human to our cause. I don't get what it is about people like him, people like your Julian, who want humans so badly. What's so special about them anyway? A bunch of cattle wandering around aimlessly without purpose, without someone to herd them in the right direction. They spend all their time worrying about the most insignificant things. They aren't flawless either. Not like us." He explained, to which I couldn't stifle a laugh. I lowered the gun now, looking at him to see him staring at me intently, waiting for me to add something to my laughter, so I did.

"Flawless? There's no such thing as flawless," I replied matter-of-factly, "Everything has flaws and that's what makes them perfect. And humans are awesome, that's why your species keeps falling in love with us."

"Awesome," Giorgos echoed with a curious stare, "Your species is nothing. You are only food to us."

"To you maybe," I answered dryly, "But not to each other. Well, at least, not all the time. We're not as lame as you think. We can kick ass without super powers. You need enhancements to be powerful, we don't. We use raw power." Giorgos narrowed his eyes.

"Are you threatening me again?" He asked.

"I'm making you a promise," I answered, "That I'm going to kill you. Right here, right now. You destroyed everything. You ruined Julian's life and you killed his mother. You killed Vanessa, not Orion. He didn't want to do it in the first place. He was only carrying out daddy's orders. You're the one who wanted her dead and you tried to kill Kornelius too, but he made it out alive."

"I tried killing you too," Giorgos admitted, then curled his lip, "But Orion obviously didn't do a very good job."

"Oh no, he did," I assured flatly, "He ripped my chest open. He seemed pretty pleased to do it because he thought daddy would cut him some slack, but when he found out you were a selfish bitch, he changed his mind. But this isn't about you or your sons. It's about you what and about how you're going to pay for it all."

"And you think you can kill me." Giorgos stated.

"I don't think. I know. I made a promise. And that was to get rid of you and make everything all better for Julian."

"And you think killing me will make it all better," Giorgos sneered, "You think that once I'm gone, Zephyra will decide to end their rein and move on? There will be others, you know. Every culture had its rebels. We will never die."

"No," I admitted dryly, "But if I kill you, those others will know. They'll know that Zephyra was destroyed at our hands, mine and Julian's. They'll know and they won't come for us anymore. They won't have a reason to. If anything, they'll be too scared and they should be. You should be pissing yourself and begging for mercy right now, but it's okay, I understand you contain toxic amounts of stupidity." Giorgos' eyes flashed dangerously and he took a few steps toward me. I fired the gun and he just moved his head to the side to avoid it.

"You think a human invention like that will kill me?" He demanded.

"No, but it'll make you look stupider." I answered. Giorgos curled his lip, baring his fangs at me. I returned the gesture as he lunged at me. I spun out of his way and fired the gun at him, nicking him in the ear. He hissed and lunged at me again, this time catching my arm and trying to twist it and knock the gun away, but I jerked him close and slammed our heads together. Giorgos snarled and stumbled back, grasping at his forehead. I took a few steps back to put some space between us, but Giorgos closed it quickly by running at me again, fangs flashing dangerously.