"Ok girls, I'm going to use a memory spell to find out why this monster is here. It'll kinda feel like you're fainting, but then you'll be seeing everything through this monster's eyes." Twilight told her friends. "The only real bad thing is that the monster decides which memory we see. If it really wanted, we could watch more than one memory. Thankfully, it can only show us memories, and only if they haven't been tampered with, meaning that we only see the truth."

 Twilight's friends nodded and the alicorn's horn glowed brightly, blinding the room's inhabitants. When Link opened his eyes once more, he was standing in a dark chamber. Tiny lights dotted the walls, and the six ponies and the dragon stood behind him.

 Link stared closely at each light, quickly piecing together that these were his memories. Making his way to the nearest wall, he called upon memories of monsters. He looked through them until he found a memory that was a mixture of shadow creatures and the monster that had knocked him out. He reached out a paw and tapped the light, which suddenly grew and blinded him once more.

 This time, when his eyes opened, he was taller and walking through the forest again. He felt the shaking in his pocket; he saw himself lifting out the small box; he felt himself changing into his beast form. Then the shadow creatures appeared. He was reliving the fight, taking every single blow with a fresh burst of pain.

 Eventually he ended up on the branch again, was blinded by the golden light and attacked by the monster. He blinked, and he was back in the chamber. The group behind him was breathing heavily, fear shining in their eyes. Link suppressed a grin and called for memories of dragons. Only two. He tapped the most recent one and closed his eyes.

 He watched as he woke in Fluttershy's room, launched himself at Spike and was attacked by Twilight. He could only hope the other viewers felt his surge of fear at smelling dragon.

 Finally, he searched for memories of Applejack. For some odd reason, they were split up. Grumbling, he dragged the lights around, eventually merging them together. Then he tapped the large light. He watched the scene where Applejack found him, where she healed him, where she lied for him and where she fed him. He sighed as they returned to the chamber. He turned and looked at the ponies and dragon behind him.

 Fluttershy, Spike and Pinkie were staring guiltily at the ground. Rarity was trying to hide her emotions, but relief was showing in her eyes. Rainbow was just staring at him in shock. Twilight's reaction was most surprising. The alicorn's wings were drooping, brushing the floor; her eyes shone with tears and her lip quivered slightly.

 Hastily deciding it was time to return to the real world, Link nodded at Twilight. The alicorn snapped out of her stupor and her horn began to glow. When Link's eyes opened, the pressure on his leg was gone.

 He was even more confused when Twilight threw her legs around him and began sobbing into him fur. "I'm so sorry! I'm so, so sorry! Can you ever forgive me?"

 "We were all in the wrong." Rainbow sighed. "I'm sorry for tackling you. That scratch probably won't be healing anytime soon... Heh."

 Rarity nodded her head, setting her purple curls bouncing. "I'm sorry I thought you'd hurt Applejack, darling." Pinkie, Fluttershy and Spike nodded.

 "I'm sorry I thought you were going to steal all the cakes!" Pinkie giggled. Everyone in the room stared at her – even Twilight, who had tears still streaming down her cheeks, gave her a confused glance. Link paused before wiping away the tears on Twilight's face. The purple alicorn stepped back and glanced up at him gratefully.

 "Hey, uh, wolfie?" Rainbow called. Link glared at her stubbornly. "Any idea how to treat this bite you gave me? It's turned black."

 Link's eyes grew wide. The only reason he could think of was that the shadow's poison wasn't extracted properly, and so by biting Rainbow he had transferred the last bits of it into her. He turned to Fluttershy and gave a low bark.

 Fluttershy gasped before turning to her friends. "He says that the poison Twilight found wasn't taken out correctly, so now it's infected Rainbow!" 

 "Uh oh... Oh no!" Twilight began pacing around the table, muttering to herself. "How did I not take it out properly? I got it all! Why hasn't it killed him or something yet?"

 Link barked at Fluttershy again.

 "He has some sort of protection magic in his bloodstream." Fluttershy translated.

 Twilight nodded and trotted over to Rainbow. Her horn glowed and so did Rainbow's wound. Link gave a warning growl, which diverted Twilight's attention for a second, but she quickly returned to treating the wound. Link growled again, this time at Fluttershy, causing Twilight to stop.

 "What do you mean, that won't work?"

 Bark.

 "But why?"

 Bark.

 "Well, you know more about this than we do." Fluttershy nodded and explained it to the rest of the group. "It's a special kind of poison, and it has to be bled out. If you force it out then it just hurts the victim more." 

 "But it's already stopped bleeding." Rainbow told her. 

 Bark. 

 "If it's still black then we need it to keep bleeding. It's the only safe way to get rid of the poison." Fluttershy explained.

 Bark.

 "Correction. It's the only way to get rid of the poison."

 Twilight looked doubtful, but eventually lifted Rainbow's hoof and let her horn glow. She bit her lip nervously as she applied pressure to the blood that had clotted just below the skin. After a few more seconds, small drops of black blood began to weep from the bite mark.

 Bark.

 "Give it a while. When the blood turns red, you can bandage it." Fluttershy told Rainbow. "Since it was only a little bit of the poison, it shouldn't take too long."

 The rainbow pegasus nodded.

 "That's great and all, but there's still the question of what we're going to do next. I mean, where are you going to stay, darling?" Rarity questioned, giving Link a concerned glance.

 Link was honestly stumped. Where was he going to stay? Was he even going to stay? Why would he stay?

 "You can't exactly stay with me. I don't think you can walk on clouds." Rainbow stated.

 "I don't think the animals would like you staying with me. I'm sorry." Fluttershy sighed.

 "There's no room in the castle for more guests, I'm afraid; especially with the princesses visiting in a few days." Twilight frowned.

 "I don't actually live on my own, and I don't think the Cakes will let you stay, unfortunately." Pinkie told him.

 "I wouldn't want your lovely coat being messed up, but I'm afraid my parents are coming round tomorrow." Rarity explained.

 Bark.

 Fluttershy stared at Link. "Are you sure?"

 Bark.

 "Well, I suppose."

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is late! Easter means the family comes over so things have been kinda crazy.

Also, I'll say it again: Twilight and Rainbow might seem a bit out of character here, but I can imagine them going crazy if anyone tried to hurt their friends.

ϫT*