The brat ran to his side with supernatural speed and elbowed him hard. A small yelp of pain escaped from Desmond's thin lips as he rubbed his arm. "Kin. He meant Kinsella." Lincoln gave me a loop sided smile, his eyes went cloudy.

   "Who's Kinsella...?" I inquired, skewering my golden eyes on him. 

   After receiving another sharp jab from Lincoln, the handsome young man piped in, "A housekeeper!"

   What a terrible liar. I rolled my eyes inwardly at their lame excuses. I bet what Desmond tried to say earlier was King Marcus or better known as Lord Marcus. 

   I tried to keep my voice empty of any emotions. "You're not a vampire." 

   His green eyes twinkled with amusement. "Isn't that obvious, Artemis. I'm a High Elf."

   "Alright... why are you here then, Mr. Elf?"

   Annoyance swept across his chiseled face and left as soon as it came. "If I didn't come here to heal you, you wouldn't be awake right now."

   Taking time to process his words, I allowed my eyes to appreciate the stunning elf in front of me. Truth be told, the sight of a male - especially a handsome one - really surprised me. In a good way. All I had ever seen was Lord Marcus and Lincoln. Let's just say that they were not my cup of tea.

   "Fine," I waved him off casually. "Who saved me?"

   Normally I wouldn't ask this question - the answer should be obvious. However, I had doubts that Lincoln would actually save me. There was no way. From the way he talked and acted towards me, it doesn't take a genius to know that he hated my guts. He shifted around with unease at my question. Silence filled the room for a moment as I quirked an eyebrow.

   "It's a cat," Lincoln confessed, his expression went unpredictable at the mention of "cat". "It always followed me around so I asked the annoying cat to call for help.

   I scoffed at his explanation. "Cats are animals. They're not supposed to know where Desmond is."

   The infamous twin crossed his arm in front of his chest. "She's unlike any normal cats, Artemis."

   First, a charming elf and now a feline that had supernatural powers? This is getting crazy. My lips turned into a thin line. Sneaking a look at Desmond, his face was clear of any emotions that might give him away. "Show me the cat then." I dared him, leaning on the wall.

   With one last huff, he swerved around and opened the door. "Come here, kitty!" He hollered. His voice was anything but pleased. Sympathy for the cat began to rise within me. What kind of animal would adore a disgusting vampire like Lincoln?

   The silence seemed to fill the air after Lincoln swung the door open and stood outside in the dark dreary night like an idiot. Several minutes passed and yet there's no sight of any movement inside the forest. A smirk was spread across my face. "I knew you're lying," I laughed. "I just didn't know that you would bother trying to convince me!"

   "Say what you want, Artemis." 

   Desmond fidgeted and crossed his legs on the cupboard paper, waiting for the feline. It was then I heard it. A soft meowing from a distance. If it weren't for my heightened senses, I probably wouldn't be able to catch that barely audible sound. Searching the area for the long awaited feline, I suddenly saw Lincoln bending down, cradling something in his arms.

   Rushing to his side, I noticed a cat nestled in his arms. My eyes widened at the adorable sight of it. The Rag Doll female feline had a shiny white fur for its plump body except for a few areas like the face, ears, and paws. Its big, gorgeous eyes had the shade of sapphire – the brightest blue color I had laid my eyes on.