I looked back down at my phone and waited for it to buzz, "All good, never mind. Have fun."

"Nothing's wrong. Just Caroline. Come on, let's go," I said as I texted Caroline, "Xoxo."

We headed to the car and found Elena already in the back seat. Stefan opened my passenger side door and I climbed in. "Thanks," I whispered.

He gave me a small smile and shut the door behind me before walking over to the driver's side and getting in. "We need to stop anywhere?" Stefan asked us as he started the car.

"No," Elena answered.

"Babe?"

"I brought food already," I told him and he nodded. He turned on the radio and I slouched down in my seat, staring out the window. I didn't talk the whole ride while the two chatted nicely, sharing a few laughs.

Stefan would glance at me every now and then but eventually I got tired of their talking and annoyed with the music choice so I plugged in my head phones to my phone, blasting out Pierce The Veil. Next time, I will invite Damon to keep his fture girlfriend occupied and not talking to my boyfriend.

***

When we arrived at the lakehouse, I put my bag of chips away and then my headphones. I unlocked me door and was ready to get out when I heard, "You all right, ELena?" Stefan asked her.

"I'm good. I just haven't been back here since before," she answered and I bit my lip. Since our parents died. Great, just keep ruining my already soiled weekend. I angrily opened my door and went to climb out when Stefan grabbed my wrist.

"Oh, my God. Kenzie, Elena, listen, just say the word, all right? We'll get back on that highway, we'll go anywhere else," Stefan said, looking at me.

"I've always loved it here," Elena said. "I want it to stay that way. I was just...having a moment."

"Okay," he whispered. I yanked my wrist from his grip and got out the car, pulling my bag with me. I didn't even bother to help Elena out. I went to the front door of the lakehouse and unlocked the door with the key Jenna gave me earlier.

"You don't have to wait out there. I'm all good," I told Stefan as he stood outside the door.

"Oh, that's great because I'm, uh--" He stopped. "I'm stuck."

I furrowed my brows before I caught on. I held back a smirk and faked a frown, "Oh, my God. You can't get in."

"Not gonna be a very romantic weekend unless you, uh, invite me inside," Stefan said.

"Stefan, I can't."

"What?" He asked.

"My parents left this place to John Gilbert. He's the only one who can invite you in. I'm sorry, I completely forgot," I said.

"You're kidding me right?" He looked beyond shocked and maybe a tad annoyed.

I walked over to him, staring into his eyes before I could no longer fight a smile, "Stefan Salvatore, I hereby invite you into this home." I began giggling at the end.

"You are such a liar," he growled playfully. He stepped in and swept me off my feet.

"Hey, hey. Hey. Hey," I let out little yells as he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck before kissing him.

He kissed me back and began walking. I was then sat down and felt his hands roaming up and down my body. "Ahem," a cough came and we pulled away.

"Uh, oh shit. Sorry," Stefan said as he looked to see Elena holding a ton of bags she dragged inside the house. He pulled away from me and helped her really quick. She then headed back outside and he looked at me. "No longer angry with me."