12: Lake House

Chapter 12, yeeeees! You guys reached the goal fast 😊 Get ready for quite a bit of action. Happy reading 📚😄

GOAL: 9 VOTES & 4 COMMENTS

Chapter Twelve

"Hello?" I answered groggily. I was just kicked off the bed I shared with the girls because my phone began ringing.

"Kenzie," Caroline groaned.

"Shh," Elena and Bonnie shushed me.

"How was the slumber party?" Stefan asked as I crawled right outside of Caroline's bedroom to talk to my boyfriend.

"Ugh. Good. Heh, much needed," I replied, leaning my back against the wall. "When can you and I have one?" I flirted.

"Mm. That can be arranged."

"Okay. Now. Today," I grinned. "Take me far, far away."

"Even with everything that's going on?"

"Because of everything that's going on," I scoffed.

"And you're sure this has nothing to do with dodging your father who just got into town?"

"Uh, heh...This has everything to do with that."

"Well, in that case, where would you like to go?" He asked and I smiled, chuckling.

***

"Ready for our romantic weekend?" I asked my boyfriend as he walked into my room.

"Um, about that," he trailed off.

"What?" I sighed, dropping the sweater in my hand. I was in the middle of packing my last bag cause I was ready to go pretty much.

"Elena's coming," he stated and I gaped at him.

"No, she's not," I denied.

"She is now," he said.

"What? Why? Stefan!" I shouted.

"She opened the door for me. Asked what we were doing and I told her we were going to the lake hosue cause you wanted to get away from everything. Then she asked if she could go and... I didn't have the heart to tell her no," he said, biting his lip nervously.

"Next time try she wants to be alone with her boyfriend!" I whispered yelled. "Or tell her she's included in the 'everything' I want to get away from."

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Why don't we just invite Damon? Oh, and let's not forget John and Elijah. Ooh, I wonder if we can ask Elijah to let Katherine out. Then all my dreams would come true," I scoffed sarcastically.

"Kenzie," he frowned.

"No. Just no. Go wait downstairs. I'm almost ready," I pouted.

"Okay," he whispered softly. He left the room and I bit back tears as I shoved the remaining clothes I was bringing into my bookbag. On top of the few sweaters and stuff I shoved in my laptop, Polaroid camera, and a book.

When I headed downstairs, I walked straight past Stefan and into the kitchen. I shoved some snacks in my bag then met Stefan by the front door. "Elena's putting her stuff in the trunk. I already put your stuff in there," he said.

"Thanks," I sighed. He opened the front door for us as my phone buzzed. I paused and pulled out my phone to see a text from Caroline.

"Need to talk. Where are you?" She had asked.

"Headed to lakehouse with Stefan and Elena," I texted back.

"Uh, please tell me there's nothing wrong," Stefan mumbled as I looked to see him waiting for me.