Chapter 6: New Family

Start from the beginning

And so far...it wasn't really helping...

She smiled back. "I'm fine, I feel good today." Kimizuki smiled slightly and got out of his chair. "Are you hungry? I'll get you something to eat."

The bed slightly creaked. "Um..Onii-chan. ." Mirai started to say, catching her older brothers attention. "If I'm just dragging you down, then you can---" She started to say, but Kimizuki quickly cut her off.

"Be quiet, idiot! Of course your not dragging me down!" Mirai looked at him sadly. "But at this rate, you'll also---" She said, tears forming in her eyes.

"No buts! If we die, we die together!" Kimizuki stated, cutting her off. Mirai sighed, a few tears falling down her cheeks. "No, don't say that. You cry every night about how hard it is, how you want to leave me." She stated, her voice starting to sound demonic.

Kimizuki flinched. "Why would you say such--" He started to say as Mirai sat up. She smiled.

"Because you're a selfish human being who only thinks of himself, Shiho Kimizuki." The demon stated bluntly. Kimizuki clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. "You're the demon..."

The demon smiled. "I am. But this isn't a hallucination. I am just using your memory. This is the truth that's inside you." The demon said. Kimizuki gritted his teeth in anger.

"DON'T FOOL AROUND WITH ME!!"
.
.
.

*Meanwhile: training arena*

Normal P.O.V

Guren walked around the arena, examining the unconscious teens. He saw Kimizuki's hand start to twitch and it worried him a little, but not so much.

"Well, it looks like he will get through it." Guren stated as he looked over at Shinoa, who only gave him a nod on response. Guren looked over at Yuu.

That boy was a bit difficult to deal with, and giving him a Cursed Gear was probably not a smart thing to do yet.

He looked over at Yoichi, who didn't move a muscle since he picked up his gear. He was slightly worried, but not really. He knew that if Yoichi went through this training, he was bound to became a man-eating demon.

The last one he looked at, the one who he had the most fear for, was Mayu. Of all the Cursed Gears she had to pick, why did she pick that one? It still had him questioning why.

"I just want to see if the demon will actually be able to kill me before I can conquer it."

Guren gritted his teeth. Did she even realize what she said? Did she even realize how powerful that demon really was? But that look in her eyes told him that she did...and that either way...

She knew she could win....

It all puzzled him. He sighed. There was nothing he could do now, she already chose he fate...

He just hoped she won...other than that, she was going to be one very tough man-eating demon to kill..
.
.
.

*Back to the training*

Yuuichiro

Yuu looked around the empty world around him, wondering where that damn demon was. He walked even further.

"Hey, Yuu-chan.."

Yuu quickly turned around, startled by the sudden change in his surroundings. He was back in the orphanage, his old home before the Apocalypse.

Sitting right infront of him was mika. "Yuu-chan, who abandoned us and ran away." The demon stated bluntly, hoping to get a rise out of Yuu.

Yuu did completely the opposite. He just glared, showing no emotion. "Quit imitating my precious family." He said, startling the demon.