5

Wedding Part 1

Author's Point of View

Song of the Chapter: Your Song by Elton John

"We're at the fucking church?!" Xavier exclaimed ripping his blindfold off.

"What, where?" Zain asks baffled, he undid the blindfold to look at his surroundings.

He saw a small wooden church painted white. There were flowerbeds filled with daisies and lilies along the front of the church. The long gravel road split into two, one leading to the entrance and the other leading to the large apple orchards surrounded by sand.

"Why the hell are we here?" Xavier yelled again.

"yeah, why are we here?" Kyle butts in

"Shut up, Kyle, you're not helping!" James took a deep breath.

Why do you think we're there?" James answered.

They were only about half way up the lane way so no one inside could hear the commotion building up.

"I don't fucking know but I want some answers now!" Xavier said losing his cool. He knew exactly what he was doing here; he was going to marry Zain.

"When did we pick a day?" Zain asked.

"You didn't, but your mothers thought that it would be best to get it done and over with so you guys can move on."

"Move on? Move on! Do you even care about what I think. Do you think I want to marry someone?! and a man at that?! You've got balls man, you've got balls." Xavier said face red.

"Xav-" Zain whispered

"What the hell do you want?" Xavier yelled.

"Listen, don't yell at me, alright? I don't want to marry you as much as you don't want to marry me, But right now you're acting like a child. So lets go into that church and stand in front of our family and friends and get this done and over with okay?" Zain said calmly but sternly.

"It's just too soon," Xavier said quietly finally giving in and leaning into James' chest. James stroked the back of his best friend's back and whispered "I know,"

They stood there for a while longer, Xavier quietly crying into James' chest and him rubbing his back. Zain went back to the car to retrieve their suits while Kyle sent a quick call to Jenny telling them that they were there.

After a little while Xavier finally raised his head and wiped his tears "alright let's go"

"You sure?" Zain asked

"Nope, but let's go anyways" Xavier faked a smile and continued walking the rest of the way to the church with the boys following closely behind.

The boys finally reached the church where the celebration was being held. Kyle and James opened the door and led the boys into the change rooms. Zain and Xavier are yet to see the final product of their mothers' work.

Both boys changed quickly but sat there quietly waiting for someone to come and get them. It's crazy how just  a couple hours before they were getting their tuxes oblivious of this whole plans, and 3 weeks ago they were single bachelors without a care in the world.

Victor knocks on his sons door, overwhelmed with all that's going on. He still doesn't fully understand what is happening and he doesn't think Lola or Jenny understand fully what they're putting their sons through either. Zain answers the door and engulfs his father in a hug. Zain's always been a mama's boy but even the biggest mama's boy needs their father every once in a while. They sit and talk about school and work and other nonsense just passing the time until Victor tells Zain it's time.

Jeffrey Anderson and Joel Pappas knock on Xavier's door. After Xavier's dad left, they were the only older male figures that Xavier really had around. Just like their sons Jeffrey was a kind listener who liked to follow more then lead. He was like the shoulder to cry on and Xavier told him everything about the wedding before he even told James and Kyle. Joel was the same as his child, crazy, loud and energetic but unlike Kyle he knew when to be serious and when not to be. Xavier loves them just as much as he loves his mother. They sit and talk about the football game that Xavier partook in last weekend until Victor knocked on his door and informed that everything was ready.

Both boys took a deep breath as the choir begin to sing. It's really happening. Zain standing under the altar wishes he would of tried on the suit before he bought it because his arm is awfully itchy. He faces the wide doors as they open slowly revealing Xavier. He was wearing the same suit that Zain had seen him in hours before but why did he look so different now? His face grows red and he breathes out the breath he didn't know he was holding. Jeffrey and Joel stand beside Xavier. Everyone is now staring at them as they're walking slowly down the aisle. Xavier asked both Jeff and Joel to walk him down the aisle and they both were ecstatic to do it. They made it half way down before Xavier hesitates. He stares at the ground not hearing anything now but his loud beating heart. Jeffrey and Joel knowing what Xavier is feeling hold both of his arms and they begin to walk again. Jeffrey and Joel stop at the end and Xavier takes it from there.

The preacher starts and honestly the boys don't hear a thing, the only thing their focusing on is their hands intertwined and the loudness of their beating hearts. They finally zone back in half way through 

We are here today – before God – because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes – to witness the joining in marriage of Zain Christopher Jacobs and Xavier Johnathan Reynolds. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which these two men begin their life together. And now – through me – He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds.

Who gives this man in marriage to this man?

Jeffrey, Joel and Jenny all stand up and say 'I'

Since this was an arranged marriage the preacher skipped over the vows and go right to it.

Do you Zain Jacobs take Xavier Reynolds to be your husband – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?

I do.

Do you Xavier Reynolds take Zain Jacobs to be your husband – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?

I do.

Zain's younger brother, Colsen comes up and gives Xavier and Zain the rings. They take it and smile down at Colsen's 4 year old frame. Zain gently grabs Xavier's hand in his and puts the wedding band on his left finger, Xavier doing the same to Zain's. Zain's ring was just the band that he wanted but Xavier's was a little more decorated with small diamonds around the inside of the band. Feminine but still masculine.

By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the husband.

Zain slowly wraps his arm around Xavier's back and pulls him closer. Xavier puts his right hand on Zain's chest and his left one on Zain's hip. Zain slowly leans in until their lips touch slowly and the crowd erupts in cheers.