xxxvi. | death of a bachelor

Start from the beginning

With the moment she had, Emery got up and slammed through the door, closing it quickly, making sure the salt line was still intact before rushing into the room and jarring Sam awake.

"Emery, are you okay?" Andy was the first to notice the girl.

"Do I look okay? I just got attacked by some psychotic demon. You may think this is my normal Saturday night, but trust me, it's not," the girl sassily replied. She looked around, noticing that one body was missing. "Where's Ava?"

"That's what we are wondering," Jake said, before motioning to the still sleeping Sam. The girl continued to shake him until his eyes finally opened.

"Wha-?" His voice came out slightly groggily.

"Ava's missing," Emery started. Sam was instantly awake, looking at the blood that was dripping on the floor. Emery glanced down at her arms and torso, starting to feel lightheaded. "And I was attacked by a psycho demon."

Suddenly, Emery fell backwards, the world fading black around her.

☪✡

When Emery woke up, the first thing she noticed was that her arms burned. She had fainted from blood loss and someone had gladly offered up their jacket/shirt because her arms were wrapped in a fabric.

The second thing she noticed was Ava and she was holding her head. Then, the black smoke had come through the window and Emery's eyes widened as it turned into the little bitch of a demon. She then closed her eyes, acting like she was asleep. Ava wasn't completely heartless, even if Emery had cut off its finger.

Emery had to listen to Andy's pained screams, almost cringing when she heard the splatter of blood that hit the window, but in her state, she knew she couldn't fight. A second later, Ava screamed, making Emery jolt awake, hissing when her arms hit the table.

"Ow, fuck," Emery cursed, before her eyes met Andy's body and her eyes widened. They filled with tears, sad to see that happen to Andy. They had become friends (somewhat) and she had never really seen this happen to one of them. It hurt. With pain and loss.

"Sam, Emery, I just found him like this!" Ava said and Emery narrowed her eyes at her.

Lying bitch.

"What happened?" Sam asked, taking his eyes off Andy's body. It hurt him too.

"I don't know!"

"How did that thing get in here?" Sam then stopped looking at the salt lines that he had gone to check and turned around. He looked at Ava in confusion. "Where were you?"

"I went to go get some water from the well, I've been gone maybe two minutes," Ava cried and Emery felt herself start to glare at her.

"You shouldn't have gone outside. Ava, we have to stay in here," Sam said, before his eyes caught something. Emery felt herself get up, walking to the window the examine the salt barrier. It had a trail through it.

Ava had drawn a line through it to get the demon inside the house.

"Who did that?" Sam pointed to it and demanded it, looking at Ava.

"I don't know, maybe Andy-"

"Andy wouldn't do that. Ava, that line wasn't broken when I left. Ava."