I - Sea Salt Ice Cream

(F/n)'s P.O.V

"Sea salt ice cream? What's that?" I asked.

"It's the BEST type of ice cream EVER!" Pence explained enthusiastically.

"We don't have any now, but next time we meet up, we'll make sure to get some for you, too!" Olette assured. I nodded when suddenly some of the sea salt ice cream was in front of me.

"You can just have mine," said Roxas, kind of... blushing? I thought he was a nobody, a person who didn't feel anything.

"Oooo, Roxy has a crush on (Nickname)~!" Hayner teased.

"Do not!" Roxas shouted.

"Yeah, yeah. Save it for later!" he smirked.

"Thanks, Roxas, but I think I'll pass." I interrupted and smiled. Roxas nodded.

That was yesterday, and I've been thinking about that all day. What was the big deal? I found out soon enough that Roxas didn't know he was a said 'nobody' and that he worked for Organization XIII in the past. He lost all of those memories long ago. It must be hard. Although I want to feel bad for him, I keep remembering that he's the key for Sora to wake up. I can't get close to this guy, I'll just have to fake it.

I started getting information about him day by day: he was Organization Member Number Thirteen, he was close friends with Axel...

And he has friends.

* * *

I couldn't fall asleep that night, so I decided to take a quick walk around Twilight Town. I walked passed the station, and was surprised to see Hayner sitting on top of the clock tower.

I made my way up the stairs and started panting.

"Hayner?" I finally managed between heavy breaths. He turned around looking puzzled.

"Oh, it's just you." he groaned.

I frowned, "Now that's just mean. C'mon, you can't hate me forever. Your friends seem to like me... Aren't I your friend?" I asked.

He laughed unhumorously, "You may be their friend but you sure aren't mine. Got that?" he hissed.

I put my hands on my hips, "Well, you are my friend so I might as well become yours." I declared. He rolled his eyes and turned back around at the vastness of the sky. I sat down next to him, "You may think it's nonsense but I am absolutely determined to become your friend!" I said again.

"Forget it, you can try as hard as you want but you'll never become my friend." he shrugged.

"Okay, let's starts with this: what do you think of Olette, Pence and Roxas? Like, when did you meet them?" I shrugged.

"Olette's been my friend since first grade, I met Pence in I think third grade when Olette introduced me to him." he told me.

I nodded slowly, "Okay... and Roxas?" I questioned.

"Roxas..." he hesitated. "I don't remember when I met him... but I feel like I've known him all my life." he admitted. That might've been the work of Naminé, when she implanted the memories of knowing Roxas to these guys.

"You make it sound like you're in love with him or something." I joked, sticking my tongue out at him. Hayner got mad.

"D-do not!" he exclaimed. I laughed and then there was a long moment of silence. "So? What about you?" Hayner finally asked.

I blinked in surprise, "Me?" I repeated, pointing to myself.

"Yeah, what's your story?" he added.

"Well..." Now how do I answer that question? I decided to go with some of my past and why I'm here, "I have some friends... Their names are Sora Kairi and Riku." I started. Then continued, "One day Kairi disappeared, Riku left home and Sora chased after him. Our world- I mean, island was falling apart for some reason at that time and I just wanted to see my friends again... When I finally found them again, Riku had disappeared again and Sora saved Kairi but also disappeared. Now I'm trying to find Sora while Kairi's having trouble remembering him." I summed up.

"Wow... I don't really know what to say... sounds harsh." Hayner said in shock.

I shrugged, "I'm getting one step closer every day to finding Sora now that I'm here." I smiled.

"I feel like you've told me a lot more than I've told you." he said in guilt.

I chuckled, "Well, I have. But don't worry about it!" I told him.

"No, I feel like I need to tell you something else then..." Hayner said thoughtfully. "Come here." he said, like he was going to tell me a secret. Which, really it was. He leaned into my ear and told me something I maybe should've found out about later. I mean, I've only known this guy for a day! My eyes widened in shock.

"Seriously?!" I exclaimed loud enough for all of Twilight Town to hear.

"Sh! Not so loud! Promise not to tell anyone!" he said in panic. An evil grin made its way onto my face.

"Do I get to be your friend...?" I asked slyly.

"What? No!" he shouted.

I frowned, "Then I guess all of Twilight Town is going to find out about this." I told him as I started to yell, "HEY EVERYONE! GUESS WHAT? HAYNER-" I was cut off by Hayner putting his hand over my mouth to keep me quiet.

"Fine! You get to be my friend." he declared in shame.

I managed a muffled 'yay!" since Hayner's hand was still over my mouth.

We walked back down to Twilight Town and almost went separate ways until Hayner stopped me, "No one's told you about the usual spot, right?" he asked. I shook my head. "It's just a block near the station. You'll recognize it; it's an entrance beyond an open gate. You'll figure it out." he assured me. I nodded and thanked him as I went back to my place to finally get some sleep. I probably shouldn't say this, but I really just feel like it.

That secret Hayner told me...

It was that he likes Olette. A lot.