TWENTY

After being given a folder containing and autopsy report, Abeke went in search of one Alec Lightwood her mission to give him the folder like Magnus requested. She found the boy continously punching a punching bag, sweat dripping down him as he did so. Abeke stood for a moment, admiring the Lightwood male, before walking closer to his body-stoppping his actions.

"Abeke." He stated, a smile forming on his face.

"Hey, Magnus gave me the autopsy." She responded, holding out the report as she did so.

"Why are you giving these to me? They should go to the head of the Institute." Alec replied, placing them down on a bench on the side.

"And it is."

"I'm not and I never will be. Abeke it's like my whole life has been a lie, everything I've ever known is-"

"Not what you thought."

"I've done everything for my parents, for the Clave and, I've done everything that they've asked."

"Maybe you should start living for yourself, do what's is your heart." Abeke advised, a small smile making it's way onto her face.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but I think you're right." Alec smiled back, cupping the girl's cheeks as he moved forward their lips connecting.

As soon as their lips connected, butterflies went off in Abeke's stomach, she moved towards Alec when he pulled her closer. The strawberry blonde smiled into the kiss, it was soft and gentle, unlike the one they had shared before. However it was passionate all the same, making Abeke glad she had come to see the boy. Her hands wandered over his bare chest-feeling his abs underneath as Alec's hands went down to her waist, holding it tighly as he did so.

The couple pulled apart, breathless once more as they did, the two looked into each others eyes but were sadly interupted when a beeping sound erupted from Abeke's pocket. Sighing she noved to get her phone, seeing another text from her old friend. "Who is it?" Alec asked, careful to give her privacy.

"Just and old friend." She replied, tucking the phone away before the couple walked off, hand in hand as they did so.

Later on, Abeke found herself sparing with the ex circle member Hodge, throwing punches and kickes as she did so- after all she had werewolf reflexes. Hodge swung the wooden stick under her feet but she jumped up, missing it as she took her place again. She swung her foot underneath Hodge, sending him flying to the floor as he did so. Just as the Hale girl went to help the guy up a wooden pannel burst open, a forsaken walking through.

Immediately Abeke sprung into action, sending flames in it's direction but none seemed to harm the creature. Hodge jumped up, his stick meeting the creatures weapon as he did, he punched it in the face, sending the creature to the floor but it soon got back up again. It snapped the staff in half, surprising Hodge but Abeke sprung into action next, kicking the creature in the front and knocking it down.

It got back up again, swinging it's bat around as it tried to harm the shadowhunters, Hodge swung one part of the staff at the forsaken whilst Abeke ran forward using both hands as she directed a large amount of energy at it, sending the creature back onto a table. The table broke into pieces from the weight, Hodge walked forward about to pick up it's weapon but the creature got back up-not dead like they had expected. He rolled over picking up some metal tallons that went around his fist as he did so.

The two circled each other while Abeke caught her breath, throwing attacks at each other but both blocking them, that was until Hodge let down his guard letting the creature punch him continously before kicking his chest, sending him to the floor. It walked forward ready to finish the blonde shadowhunter off, but Alec came to the rescue using his bow and arrow to shoot it.