SEVEN

The two Hale siblings walked down the road hand in hand, big smiles evident on their faces. "I thought you were dead." Abeke started, looking down at the ground as they continued to walk.

"I thought you were dead, how did you escape?" He asked, chocking on his words slightly.

"When we were playing hide and seek, I saw those men so I told you to go ahead by the time I figured out what they were doing the house was already on fire. I ran to mom to help her but she told me to run far, far away until I knew I was safe. So I did I escaped through a window, I tried to stay and help but she used that alpha voice that you have to-"

"It's alright Kat, it's not your fault okay." Scott stopped cupping her face with his hands and gently wiping away any tears that had fallen. "It escaped through the tunnels I know I was only young but I remembered all of training those times when we would do a fake drill." He replied before the two started to walk again,trying to rid the memories of that day.

"Where are we going anyway?" The younger Hale asked, changing the subject.

"Too the institute, it's kinda where I live now and I'm sure they're worried about me." Abeke responded, smiling at her brother before stopping outside the church. "An abandoned church? Really Kat?" Scott asked before she was tugging him along, entering the building.

As soon as they entered, she was greeted by an argument between Alec and Jace. "We have to go back and get her, what if they are hurting her?" The lightwood responded to what Jace had previously stated, tapping his chest in anger.

"It's too dangerous besides I'm sure she's fine, she's half angel, half demon and Raphael said that she was his love."

"There is no way I am his love." Abeke joined the conversation, anouncing her presence as Scott awkwardly stood beside her. Alec's head wiped around so fast she was surprised he didn't get whiplash from the movement, his frown turned into a bright smile as he looked at the girl.

Smiling back, she ran up to Alec jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his waist, pressing her head into the crook of his neck. "I thought I lost you." He whispered in her ear.

"I would never leave you without a fight or at least some sort of witty comeback." She joked, pulling away to look into his memorising eyes. A fake cough interupted their reunion, this time erupting from Scott's throat. "Alright reunion over, I told you she'd be fine." Jace responded as the two broke apart, Abeke standing next to Scott once more.

Alec rolled his eyes before they landed on Scott, his eyebrows laced together in confusion as he scanned over the boy. "Whose the boy?" Alex asked, going back to his blank expression.

"I'm not a boy, I'm a highly trained shadow hunter." Scott explained before Abeke could.

"Alright whose the 'highly trained shadow hunter'?" He asked again,putting quotes around 'highly trained shadow hunter', rolling her eyes at Alec's sudden grumpiness she answered his question.

"This is Scott Hale, my younger brother."

The two shadow hunters in the room looked at each other, clearly perplexed. "Hale? I thought your family was-" Before Jace could continue Scott cut him off shooting him a glare.

"As you can see I'm very much alive and I would like to spend time with my sister since I haven't seen her in eleven years. Now Kat, where's your room?" He turned to Abeke at the end, the two having a private conversation.