TWENTY-FOUR

The first thing that the strawberry blonde did when she was dismissed from the infirmary, was change her clothes seeing as she had been in the same ones for quite a while. The second thing that she did, was go to see Isabelle- she had bursted through the door without even asking if she could in fact go in. The guard outside tried to stop her but she sent him the 'Hale glare' and he soon backed down.

The strawberry blonde proceeded to shut the door and embrace the female Lightwood with a hug-which was very much needed on both of their parts. "I tried to visit earlier but they wouldn't let me out until i was fully healed." Abeke explained, Isabelle nodding along.

"I'm just glad you're back, I thought you were gone forever." Isabelle shrugged, pulling apart from the hug.

"Who else was going to teach you how to catch arrows?" Abeke asked jokingly, winking at the Lighwood who giggled slightly in return.

"I can't believe you're going on trial." Abeke reported, a sad smile tugging at her lips.

"Me neither, but I'm just a pawn in their game they want the cup and they think that they will get it if I'm put on trial." Isabelle voiced her opinion, sitting down on the sofa.

"Alec will get you out of this." Abeke asured, trying to encourage the girl.

"I hope so." Isabelle muttered, hanging her head in shame. Before Abeke could say anything more, she was whisked away by one of the guards something about the trail happening earlier than planned.

With a scoff, Abeke walked away joining the rest of the shadowhunters in the centre of the Institute-they all stood still looking at one person. Abeke scanned the crowd before turning to the source of their fear, a red headed woman stood talking to Lydia, she turned around making eye contact with the strawberry blonde. Therefore starting a staring competition, Abeke squinted her eyes staring at the woman in a glaring way as the woman did the same.

"You are Katarina Hale, I believe." She spoke, everyone's heads shooting towards the Hale awaiting her response.

"I'm really getting tired of people calling my that, I prefer Abeke." She sassed back only getting another glare in response.

"Whatever you like to be called Hale, I will need to see you in Lydia's office." The woman spoke sharply before walking off, everyone going back to their normal tasks as Lydia walked up to the girl.

"Good luck." She whispered, patting her shoulder as she walked off.

Shaking her head from side to side, Abeke followed in the woman's direction with a straight face- she wasn't going to let that woman scare her. She knocked on the door that was Lydia's office, remembering it from the last interview she had with the Clave. The same woman opened the door, moving to the side so that strawberry blonde could walk in. Her body slid into the room as the woman shut the door taking the seat behind the desk.

Abeke sat in the same seat as last time, breathing in sharply as she awaited to hear what the woman would say to her. "I knew your mother well." She stated very briefly, Abeke's eyes widening in shock that a member of the Clave knew her family personally. "I used to visit when you were younger, you were such a beautiful child full with life but i suppose death changes people." She continued her voice neither wavering nor changing pitch. The woman looked behind her as if she was reminiscing those days.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" Abeke asked, voice a much higher pitch than usual.

"No, I just thought I would let you know. I wanted to tell you that because of your recent death and reincarnation that there will be many people watching over you."