Chapter 7 - New Parents and A New Brother

(Jace)

We had no fun at Hottopic. Blaze, Griffin, Alyx, and Jax kept following us everywhere we went in the store. 

We were just randomly walking around. Cody was getting to know the four boys that wouldn't leave us alone. She seems to enjoy Alyx's company. I couldn't get jealous. I can tell she only likes him as a friend. Plus, she was holding my hand the entire time they were joking around. I would join in the conversation once in a while, but other than a few words, I would talk to Jaden and Luke.

"Arcade!" Cody screams, letting go of my hand and sprinting into the already opened door.

The boys laugh, and I smile at Cody lovingly. 

"You seriously have the best girlfriend ever." Jaden laughs.

"I know I do." I smirk.

"She has a nice ass." Blaze nods.

Luke glares at him while I quietly growl. Alyx surprisingly punches his shoulder, "What the hell, Blaze."

"Stay the hell away from her." I spat, then go after Cody.

Inside the arcade place, they were playing SKRILLEX and there were kids running around everywhere. It was crazy. How the hell am I going to find my mate? 

"RACING GAME!" A girl screams, running past me. Her scent drifts to my nose, and I know it was Cody. I look over to her, and see her shove a nine year old, red headed boy away from the game. He glares at her, then walks away. Cody looks around unril she spots me, and a smile lights up her face. I couldn't help but let out a smile of my own. "Jace, race me!" 

"Coming." I walk over to the game, lightly kiss the top of Cody's head, and sit in the seat next to her. 

"Ready to get your ass kicked, Evans?" She playfully smirked at me.

"You know it, Miles." I wink, and put in a quarter for each of us.

"Oh, good luck, Jace. Cody kicks ass at this game." Luke said, coming up behind us to watch.

"Doesn't bother me none." I smile, and watch the numbers count down on the screen.

3...2...1 GO!

I step on the metal gas pedal, and try to get the front of the other cars. 

Five minutes later, Cody and I are tied for first. I keep bumping my car into her, she keeps bumping her car into me. I shover her so she messes up, she shoves me so I mess up. We are laughing hard the entire time. This is the most fun I've had in a while. 

"Cody! Cody! Cody!" Everyone cheers around us. By 'everyone' I mean the guys.

"Don't I get any fans?!" I yell.

"No." They all laughed. 

"Face it, Jace. I'm better than you!" Cody says, slamming her car into mine.

"Not untill the race is over!" I yell, stepping harder on the metal petal beneath my foot. I cross the finish line first, with Cody right behind me. "Yes!" I pump my fist into the air.

"Good game, Jace." Cody smiles.

"What's my prize?" I smirk.

"You have to buy me a Build A Bear!" She yells, running out of the arcade.

"She is going to make you go broke, dude." Jaden laughs.

"She's worth every penny." We all follow her the childs store, and see my mate picking out a giraffe. 

She turns around and waves the fur around above her head. "I'm going to name it Dr. G!" She yells.

I smile, and walk over to her. "Great name, Code." I compliment, wrapping my arms around her waist.