She rolled back over to her desk and stood up. She reached up in a cabinet above her head and pulled out a plastic bag. Then she brought it over to the small refrigerator under the cabinet and filled the bag up with ice. She handed me the ice pack and I placed it over my cast.

"It's going to hurt for a little while, but you didn't break anything else. Rest here until you feel better and you can go back to class," she said and sat back down on her chair with her back to me, dismissing me. I sighed, laying my head back on the futon.

The pain subsided after about an hour and I went back to class. There were only three minutes left of fourth period, so I went straight to my locker to grab my lunch. The bell rang once I reached my locker and students poured out of the classrooms.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him," some bitch whined next to my locker. I slammed the door shut and confronted Hannah.

She towered over me in her high heels and I stood up straighter, shutting my locker to face her.

"And I thought I told you that you could have him," I said, raising my eyebrows.

She flipped her platinum blond hair over her shoulder and glared down at me. "You also told me to ask what the tattoo on his neck meant. He told me to ask you, so here I am," she said with her arms crossed.

I looked her up and down.

"Hmm, then ask about the song he wrote," I said, remembering the song that he had deleted off his old iPod that he had given me in the hospital.

She opened her mouth to ask what I meant when Tracey came up beside her. Tracey's hair was piled on the top of her head in a neat bun and her makeup was crazy as usual.

"Ew, why are you talking to her," she sneered.

Hannah shoved her nose straight up in the air and said with a snotty attitude, "She thinks she can steal Ryker from me."

I threw my arms in the air and flinched when a spark of pain flew down my injured arm.

"For the love of God, I hate Ryker so don't worry about me getting in your way. Rather, if I were you, I'd worry about the girl he wrote the song for. It was called, I've Fallen for You. He wouldn't tell me who it was written for, so maybe you'll have better luck," I said and turned away.

"Oh, hey Eve," someone said next to me.

I turned my head to see Sebastian's warm, brown eyes smiling at me. I grinned and said, "Hey Sebastian."

"Want to sit with me at lunch?" He asked. My smile faltered.

"Oh, uhh," I stuttered. Sebastian sat with the popular crew which is why he was with them playing spin the bottle the night I had met him. I had no desire to sit anywhere near them, let alone at their table.

He saw the look on my face and laid a hand on my shoulder. "Wait, we can sit at your table, if you don't mind me being there."

My face lit up and I nodded, "That'd be great." Sebastian's smile widened and we walked into the cafeteria together. He followed me to my lunch table where Xander and Riley were already sitting. Xander looked surprised for a second when Sebastian sat down next to me.

"Oh," I said awkwardly, "This is Sebastian. Sebastian, this is Xander and Riley. They're my best friends."

Sebastian reached out a hand and shook each of theirs, saying, "Nice to meet you."

All four of us made fun conversation throughout the entire lunch wave. We laughed and joked about stupid stuff and I found myself really liking Sebastian. He easily fit in with my friend group and I was looking forward to eating with him again tomorrow.

I stood up with my tray in my hand to throw it out. Sebastian's chair scraped across the ground as he stood up next to me. He said, "Here, I'll take that." Then he took my tray out of my hands and walked over to the trash to throw it out for me.

My heart melted right there. He was a really kind gentleman.

"Thank you," I said when he came back, tucking my bangs behind my ear. Sebastian tangled his fingers with mine, pulling me away from the table and said, "No problem."

Then we walked across the cafeteria together since the bell would be ringing any second. I shot a look at Xander over my shoulder where he was still sitting with Riley. They both gave me a thumbs up and I grinned, turning my attention back on Sebastian.

When we were out in the hallway, I noticed that we were the only ones who had already left. No one else was in the hallway.

"So about this weekend," Sebastian began, "I was thinking that we could go to The Hangout or something."

I squeezed his hand to get him to stop walking. He turned back to look at me.

I so did not want to go to The Hangout after what happened the last time I was supposed to meet Finn there. I didn't want a repeat of that. Also, since Two-Strings didn't break up, they would most likely be performing there. Yep, that place reminded me of Finn and Ryker; my two least favorite people.

I was about to suggest some other place when the bell rang and everyone in the cafeteria flowed out, flooding the hallway. Sebastian and I were forced to keep walking.

I stopped at my locker, keeping my hand in his as I spun the dial with my broken arm. It took me a few tries to get the combination right, but once I got it open, I grabbed my math folder, swapping it with my English crap.

"So The Hangout on Friday sounds good?" Sebastian asked hopefully.

Why do guys want to meet at The Hangout for a date? I would expect something more romantic, but whatever. I didn't know any other place we should go to so I agreed that I'd meet him there on Friday. I was already dreading it.

Don't get me wrong, I was excited to go on a date with Sebastian. He was attractive, funny, smart, and really nice. I just didn't like the place we would be at.

Finn and Ryker would probably be there. Ugh.

Sebastian turned my hand over and pressed a light kiss to the top of it. He untangled his fingers and waved over his shoulder, "I'll see you later, I need to get changed for gym class."

"Okay!" I waved.

I jumped as my locker was slammed shut beside my head. I twisted around to see Ryker casually leaning against my locker that had just been open. He glared at Sebastian then turned his glare on me.

"Another date? Jeez, how many guys in this school are you going to go out with?" He sneered.

"Excuse me?" I spat.

"Rick, Finn," he coughed, "me, and now Sebastian."

I gawked at him.

"First of all, I never went out with Rick and I hate you. I don't have to explain anything else to you," I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Let me guess, you're going out with Sebastian to the typical 'first date' place on Friday, also known as The Hangout. Do you like him?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow, "Obvoiusly, that's why I'm going on a date with him. Plus he treats me like he really cares about me, unlike someone else I know," I mumbled.

"You may say you like him," he said, voice getting deeper, "But it's not him you're thinking of." Then he stalked off down the hallway, leaving me gaping at his back.

He better not have meant who I thought he did.

**********

Oops. I had a few difficulties with saving and publishing this chapter. Sorry for the confusion if it says I published it a few times.